Skip to content

Too many quests!

Gads! Everybody and his brother wants something from me! Reminds me of a song ...

Sweet quests are made of these
who am I to disagree ...
Everybody's lookin' for somethin'

OK, what the heck are quest experience points? Do they differ from regular experience? I recovered Nalia's family keep from the trolls, and everybody got a bunch.

Now Nameless has heard that his sister's been killed and wants to go see his dad, Yoshimi want to make nice with the shadow thieves, I still have to find some dryads and give them their acorns, and now that idiot Xar makes a return appearance and wants me to ... spring his buddy from the Harper's jail? I haven't talked to the Harpers yet but I'm sure THEY will want something from me also.

Do any of these quests seriously conflict? I can't imagine Jaheira would be particularly please if we freed Montarn, but maybe we can get him out on bail?

And what's the deal with Hexxat? I know from BG1 that she's a vampire, and she wants me to do what? Take her for a stroll in the graveyard? Yeah, right. Is there any particular reason to do this, other than probably getting to fight a vampire (or, more likely, a whole flock of undead)?

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Answering a lot of those questions will involve spoilers, so I just want to say... thanks for giving me a good chuckle! :smiley:

Most quests do not clash with each other (though certain NPCs might), and most do not have a tight schedule. I do recommend that you try to get Montaron out on bail though.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Without mentioning specifics, for spoiler reasons, I'll try and answer as best I can.

Quest experience is the same as normal experience, except that it's given to a specific character rather divided among the whole party. In practice, this usually just means quests are worth more experience to larger parties. Marginally.

The quests don't conflict. Jaheira won't rebel or anything if you do Xzar's quest.

There is good reason to go stroll through the graveyard with Hexxat, but I'd recommend making sure you have some +2 weapons first.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Welcome to the headless chicken stage of SoA! Most quests do not have a time limit so do the ones that do have one first. If your companions start to complain you may want to do their quests first.
  • Saigon1983Saigon1983 Member Posts: 157
    I wonder, what @FrdNwsm will say, when looks at BiG World Project...
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    >>when looks at BiG World Project...<<

Which is what? Sounds like some sort of expansion mod?
  • Saigon1983Saigon1983 Member Posts: 157
    @FrdNwsm, oh, man! Today is the start of your new life. Welcome to the world in ten... no, in twenty times bigger, than BG1+BG2 together. Just "google" it...
  • ambrennanambrennan Member Posts: 173
    And what's the deal with Hexxat? I know from BG1 that she's a vampire
    Hexxat was in BG1?
    Simply put, some potentially recruitable NPCs come with quests which you have to deal with reasonably quickly if you want to keep them (for example, Nalia will leave if don't deal with the De'Arnise keep situation).
    There is good reason to go stroll through the graveyard with Hexxat, but I'd recommend making sure you have some +2 weapons first.
    The tomb conveniently contains a +2 dagger (a weapon which Hexxat happens to be skilled in) and scroll of protection from the undead... It's almost as if Beamdog wanted us to be able to deal with this quest right away.
    >>Hexxat was in BG1? <<

Hmm, I didn't encounter her myself. She was mentioned somewhere in one of the BG1 discussion folders, so I just assumed she was available in BG1. Maybe they were referring to BG2. It was a while ago; I'd have to look back and scroll through a lot of posts.
    OK, my bad. Hexxat was mentioned in a BG1 folder, but only for comparison purposes. (Discussion was about NPCs in the two games). She never did actually appear there.