Skip to content

Need help reading the romance variables

JoJoJoJo Member Posts: 18
I just had the talk with Neera that appears to "lock in" the romance going by the dialogue (Where you can basically ask to sleep with her), she says she wants to return to the topic later.

I went to check the variables knowing how buggy the game can be at times and saw that NeeraRomanceActive = 3. In my experience, 3 = dead in the water, it should be 2 I'm after.

Is this intended?
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    First of all I am going to assume you meant to ask this in the BG2:EE section...

Now then; what you say is correct. 1 means you are in the early flirting stages of a romance. 2 means you are in a committed romance. 3 means that you broke the romance and it is over.

I can only assume that you made a mistake somewhere.
  • JoJoJoJo Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    No, this is definately BG1, I just finished her personal quest with adoy and her romance talk started.
    edited March 2015
    Ah. In that case you have completed the romance... She doesn't actually sleep with you until BG2:EE.

I have no idea how you got NeeraRomanceActive to return as 3 in BG1:EE as that is not even the name of any BG1:EE variable. The XRomanceActive variables only apply to BG2.
  • JoJoJoJo Member Posts: 18
    Oh, it's actually Neera_Romance, whoops, theres association going off in my head, anyway, if that's the end of it for now, no worries then.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Note that the NameRomance values work differently for the Enhanced Edition NPCs than for the original romance-able NPCs (which were only romance-able in BG2).

For the Enhanced Edition NPCs in BG1ee, "1" and "2" have the same meanings as in original BG2 (i.e. flirting and committed respectively), but now "3" means successfully completed instead of busted, and it's now "-1" which means busted.

Erm ... I'm not sure whether the meanings of the values have also been changed in BG2ee, can anyone clarify? Perhaps @Dee or @Jalily can tell us ... (Yes, I know that's a BG2 question in a BG1 thread, but it's relevant to the completeness of this discussion.)
    @Gallowglass The EE romance variables work the same way as the original romance variables in BG2:EE.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Thanks, @Tresset.