Skip to content

[possible bug/minor] You can loot corpses with 'fast item pickup' menu remaining invisible.

That's how mechanics works. So if you drink invis potion and loot a corpse(counts as action) invis is gone. Fast menu(doesn't counts as action) + take any item - invis stays.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Not sure if this is intended or not...
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Hasn't it always been the case that you could pick up something from the inventory screen without breaking invisibility?
  • IDDQDIDDQD Member Posts: 37
    joluv said:

Hasn't it always been the case that you could pick up something from the inventory screen without breaking invisibility?

Was talkin' 'bout looting corpses. This new button just teleports an item in your inventory no matter where it lies. And looting is an action like trying to lockpick.
    I guess that's the question, right? Is looting an action like picking a lock, or is it more like opening a door (which breaks stealth but not invisibility)? I was saying that I think the game has historically been a little inconsistent on this, since looting a corpse by clicking on it broke invisibility, but (if I remember correctly) you could arrange things so that you were standing over a corpse, then pick stuff up from the inventory screen without breaking invisibility.
    edited March 2015
    joluv said:

I guess that's the question, right? Is looting an action like picking a lock, or is it more like opening a door (which breaks stealth but not invisibility)? I was saying that I think the game has historically been a little inconsistent on this, since looting a corpse by clicking on it broke invisibility, but (if I remember correctly) you could arrange things so that you were standing over a corpse, then pick stuff up from the inventory screen without breaking invisibility.

No, it wasn't. You need to click on an item to pick it up. For example, you killed cobold, it drops gem. You cannot take it anyhow without clicking on it directly. Once you clicked your character performs an action and becomes visible. Only action you can perform without breaking invis is disarm traps. And quick loot button simply teleports items in your inventory.

/e also, you can open doors while invis. :)
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    joluv said:

This is actually true. That this is possible is the only reason I am unsure whether or not the loot bar should break invisibility. If it is teleporting items, however, that would be a bug.
    I don't have vanilla installed, but I just tried the inventory thing in EE and it worked. Maybe it's a change. I understand how the Quickloot bar works, and that this is a different thing. I just thought it was a similar phenomenon that might give some insight into the intended behavior. I don't know what /e means.
    joluv said:

I don't have vanilla installed, but I just tried the inventory thing in EE and it worked. Maybe it's a change. I understand how the Quickloot bar works, and that this is a different thing. I just thought it was a similar phenomenon that might give some insight into the intended behavior. I don't know what /e means.

Means "edit'. I just tried to pick up an item while standing as near to it as possible without clicking on it actually. It doesn't show up in inventory "on the ground" thing. You need to be exactly on it to pick it up.
    Just clicking really close won't work, but there are other ways to get your characters standing directly over a corpse.