Skip to content

{Spoilers} BUG? Stuck at KALAH after killing him and MINSC was beserk

When I made Minsc go beserk he was fighting some shadows with an ineffective weapon.

The rest of my party members killed KALAH and had not killed the shadows.

After Kalah got killed the illusion was dispelled and we were back in the TENT however without Minsc who was still fighting the shadows in the illusionary room. I do not have control over him when he is BERSERK I did summon a NYMPH but she was also unable to kill the shadows.
Even after Minsc was unbeserked I could then click on him but I still could not control him fully, there was no way for him to EXIT the room and stuck there unable to join the rest of the party and still being attacked by the shadows that were still alive.

The rest of the party could not leave the tent (unable to venture forth until you gather your group message)

I was able to REMOVE Minsc from party and continue however I lost a character for some stupid BUG reason.

Any way around this or do I just have RELOAD to an earlier SAVE? OR I could let MINSC die and ressurrect him later?
Also KALAHs corpse dropped something and could not be looted.

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Arghh, that sounds like you've indeed found a bug, @TheWiSeFooL, and a nasty one too. If so, then I recommend moving this thread to the bug reports instead of General Discussion. (You can do that yourself, as thread creator.)

First, though, please also mention whether you've had this problem in a straight unmodded game, or have you modded it in any way?

If it's indeed a bug, then yes, I'd reload to an earlier save. However, you might be able to continue by letting Minsc get killed and resurrecting him ... although you'd (presumably) lose his equipment, which may or may not matter to you, depending what he's got. Or just fire up the cheat console and move everyone to the same location.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    If you try the THING where you let Minsc GET killed, then you could JUST take his EQUIPMENT off of him first, right? IT might even EXPEDITE his DEMISE.

Another idea, sans caps lock: Is it possible that Minsc's strength was drained by the Shadows to the point that he couldn't move?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Select Minsc and enter this into your console:
    C:MoveToArea("ar0607")
  • TheWiSeFooLTheWiSeFooL Member Posts: 124
    edited March 2015

Arghh, that sounds like you've indeed found a bug, @TheWiSeFooL, and a nasty one too. If so, then I recommend moving this thread to the bug reports instead of General Discussion. (You can do that yourself, as thread creator.)

First, though, please also mention whether you've had this problem in a straight unmodded game, or have you modded it in any way?

If it's indeed a bug, then yes, I'd reload to an earlier save. However, you might be able to continue by letting Minsc get killed and resurrecting him ... although you'd (presumably) lose his equipment, which may or may not matter to you, depending what he's got. Or just fire up the cheat console and move everyone to the same location.

I reloaded and played again, nothing too serious anyway just a slight delay in progress.

My game is unmodded. What mods would you recommend?

So its not possible to LOOT the corpse of KALAH then?

What is the command to move everyone to the same location?
    joluv said:

If you try the THING where you let Minsc GET killed, then you could JUST take his EQUIPMENT off of him first, right? IT might even EXPEDITE his DEMISE.

Another idea, sans caps lock: Is it possible that Minsc's strength was drained by the Shadows to the point that he couldn't move?

You are right about that he was drained but even if he could move he couldn't move to the location where the rest of the party was anyway.

Thanks for your help guys.

None, at least until you've completed the game a time or two in its standard form.

After that, well obviously you'll then know more about what you'd enjoy and what you'd like to change, so it'd be reasonable to consider what the various mods can offer you.

Personally, after playing through numerous times, I'm still running the unmodded standard game (except for a couple of personal-taste cosmetic details which have nil effect on gameplay).
  • TheWiSeFooLTheWiSeFooL Member Posts: 124

None, at least until you've completed the game a time or two in its standard form.

After that, well obviously you'll then know more about what you'd enjoy and what you'd like to change, so it'd be reasonable to consider what the various mods can offer you.

Personally, after playing through numerous times, I'm still running the unmodded standard game (except for a couple of personal-taste cosmetic details which have nil effect on gameplay).
    I played this game like over a decade ago when it first came out - I have been waiting for this for ages so I can revisit my old friends lol
    Ah, well, in that case ... you ought to be able to make up your own mind after completing your current run to refresh your memory of the game.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    After completing the game a few times and re-learning the ropes, you may try scs mod:it makes the game challenging and fresh for the experienced players, making enemies as smart as living, breathing foes. Definitely not for a first time player, or one who plays the game for fun/character interactions, though.