Skip to content

Rasasd and his quest

I'm in the final chapter and I have recruited Rassad, then I walked to several places to trigger the dialogue. Finally I go to Baldur's gate to trigger the quest but no monk come to me when I'm in the south district. Could any one help me and tell me why?

Comments

• st_live418st_live418 Member Posts: 41
    You've probably tried this, but I believe the encounter only happens late at night. Somewhere in the realm of 1:00-4:00, perhaps? I'm not sure on the specific timeframe, but I know it occurs at night.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Try entering the following code into the console.

C:SetGlobal("RASAAD_PLOT","GLOBAL",1)
  • WaitsWaits Member Posts: 15

You've probably tried this, but I believe the encounter only happens late at night. Somewhere in the realm of 1:00-4:00, perhaps? I'm not sure on the specific timeframe, but I know it occurs at night.

Nope. I will try this. Thanks a lot.
    Tresset said:

How to run console on iPad version?
    Tresset said:

Tried this too, not working.

I wonder if I kill some guy that could be useful in Rassad's quest. I'm in chapter 7. Does this matter? Or I need to play from the beginning?
    edited April 2015
    You have an iPad? Damn iPads...

Can you use iFunbox to transfer your save to a computer and upload it to the forums? Just take the entire "0000000####-Your Save Name" folder and Zip it and attach it to a comment here and I will fix it for you.
  • st_live418st_live418 Member Posts: 41
    Waits said:

I wonder if I kill some guy that could be useful in Rassad's quest. I'm in chapter 7. Does this matter? Or I need to play from the beginning?
    The last time I did his quest it didn't require killing anyone specifically. If I recall right, when I ran in to them, it was in the Docks district of Baldur's Gate. In between the Iron Throne building and Joplains Tavern, just a little north of the Harbormaster building.
    There is a known bug that prevents Rasaad's quest from starting if your first meeting with him involves him helping you fight either Neira or Nimbul. This can only be fixed by the console or something else that can change global variables. Since the console does not work on an iPad you will need to use the above method to have someone else fix it for you.
    Tresset said:

Can you use iFunbox to transfer your save to a computer and upload it to the forums? Just take the entire "0000000####-Your Save Name" folder and Zip it and attach it to a comment here and I will fix it for you.

Thanks a lot, truly. I will do as you said ASAP.
    Waits said:

Tresset said:

Thanks a lot, truly. I will do as you said ASAP.
    Excuse me. Could you tell me your E-mail so I can send the save data to you? 'Cause i cannot attach a file through the website, I've tried 3 browsers to do so. But none of them can do.
    Nailed it.
    Here is your save file back. It did indeed have the bug I expected to find which is why you never got this quest.

I fixed it, but I should note that you will have a lot of time to kill before the quest actually initiates. Rasaad will have to have several dialogs with you before the quest will be able to trigger in the docks of Baldur's Gate at night. When he starts a conversation by saying "Do you seek enlightenment?" you will have about a day before the quest can trigger. I would suggest either chain resting until you get all the dialogs or maybe tackling Ulgoth's Beard/Durlag's Tower while you wait. Enjoy!
    Tresset said:

Here is your save file back. It did indeed have the bug I expected to find which is why you never got this quest.

I fixed it, but I should note that you will have a lot of time to kill before the quest actually initiates. Rasaad will have to have several dialogs with you before the quest will be able to trigger in the docks of Baldur's Gate at night. When he starts a conversation by saying "Do you seek enlightenment?" you will have about a day before the quest can trigger. I would suggest either chain resting until you get all the dialogs or maybe tackling Ulgoth's Beard/Durlag's Tower while you wait. Enjoy!

I'm so grateful that you helped me. It really works. Thank you, very much indeed.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Tresset said:

There is a known bug that prevents Rasaad's quest from starting if your first meeting with him involves him helping you fight either Neira or Nimbul.

... and while it's usually easy to avoid having him wade in against Neira uninvited, it's quite difficult to avoid that with Nimbul unless you've already recruited Rasaad before the end of Chapter 2.

This is thus a bad bug which strikes quite often, so I reckon it'd be worth issuing a hotfix rather than waiting for the next major patch.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Sorrem is not appearing at the Blade and Stars, I picked up the scroll, my journal entry is accurate. No doubt I'm at the right bar. I tried this a dozen times and he simply never appears there on the 2nd floor at the table where he should be.
    @Lateralus This may be a stupid question, but is Rasaad in your party? He only appears if you have Rasaad with you. If Rasaad is in your party then could you upload your save so I can look at it?
    edited April 2015
    Yes, that was a stupid question but it was necessary to ask it, thank you. :)
    Post edited by Lateralus on
    I think I figured it out, thank you again for your help.