Skip to content

Was there any notable random loot added?

Notable meaning, like if the EE included the Morningstar of Action or that Longbow with 4 attacks that could only be gotten by killing an NPC as random loot?

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Several of those powerful items are in fact in the game, often as part of random loot.

However, some items are also NOT available, despite being in the game files. I believe the Morning Star of Action you mentioned is one of them.
  • ZyzzogetonZyzzogeton Member Posts: 526
    edited April 2015
    Which ones specifically?

I'm talking about the changes the EE made by the way. So if it was random loot in the final version of the original (IWD+HoW+TotL) it doesn't count.
    I don't remember the exact loot in the original game. There's also some mod issues to consider, as there was some weird stuff going on with the more powerful items and how they disappeared off loot tables...

Offhand I'd wager that the EE leaves things mostly as they were in the unmodded game. The EE does contain some content that was added via mods originally (though it was present in the game as-is, it appears to have been cut) but afaik it does NOT restore some of the "lost" powerful items to the random loot tables (like Morning Star of Action) - so in general, the random loot should be the same as the unmodded original was with all expansions.
  • HaeravonHaeravon Member Posts: 17
    The random loot seems more or less the same. New spell scrolls were added as static drops and to merchant's inventories so you could obtain them, of course. Also items that we originally in the game's files and later cut/not implemented (like the Silver Bracers of Kedl) are now available for purchase. If the Morning Star of Action was added, I haven't found it yet.
    AFAIK Morning Star of Action cannot be obtained within the game (legitimately). Long Swords of Action however can (more than one in fact).