Skip to content

Dead Familiar counting as already summoned

Actual behavior: after death of familiar, casting Find Familiar spell states that Familiar was already summoned.

Expected behavior: since Familiar died, casting the spell should spawn a "new" Familiar.

The Familiar died while battling the Lich inside "cave of the dead" at Amektran (but I dont recall who killed it or how it was killed).

I only tried to cast it after leaving Amektran toward Sendai Enclave, so I can only provide an older save before entering Amektran (and with familiar still alive) and the quicksave when I attempt to cast Find Familiar.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Looks like the familiar is alive but not in any area. I've set the area and moved it slightly in the attached save @Itomon

& I'll have a look at argent77's post now.
    Thanks
  • ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
    Thanks! although with this solution my Hit Points didn't increase with his presence (and when it dies, I die along. But if I cast a Vampiric Touch spell, my total HP becomes high enough for when it dies again, and then I can successfuly cast a new Find Familiar and thus having my total HP back to 80)

Anyway I guess I should be keeping my familiar away from fights from now on :P