Skip to content

Importing or swapping BG2:EE voice sets into BG:EE (and vice versa)

SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
Almost since BG:EE was first released, I've been requesting that the BG2 voice sets be included on a patch and added to BG:EE. I had been hoping that since BG2:EE is supposedly completed (or near completed) that it would be much easier and more practical for the devs to simply add the voice sets into BG:EE, seeing as the sets are already ready for BG2:EE's engine and have presumably have subtitles for them.

Does anyone else here share my interest in seeing BG2 voices (and their subtitles) added to BG:EE? Can any of the devs comment on whether there are any plans to do this? If not, would it at least be relatively easy for us users to add or swap the BG2:EE voices/subtitles into BG:EE?
Post edited by SharGuidesMyHand on

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I second this.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    I also would like to see this.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 897
    Conversely, I assume that all the BGEE voice sets will be available in BG2EE? (I vaguely recall that this was not the case with the original BG2.)
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

Conversely, I assume that all the BGEE voice sets will be available in BG2EE? (I vaguely recall that this was not the case with the original BG2.)

This is a good question as well.

I may be wrong, but I think the BG2 voice sets may have required a few more voice spots than BG1's - can anyone else confirm or refute this?

Well, we've gotten our answer - the BG:EE voice sets are not included in BG2:EE, not even the newly created ones.

So my question still stands: Is there an easy way to transfer the voices and subtitles from one game into another?
  • FablewyndFablewynd Member Posts: 79
    Is there a link to the source? I'm just curious about why that's the case. I loved the newly created ones, especially "I'll attend to it in a trice" - perfect voiceset for my character.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Lack of time was the primary issue. We're hoping to include them in a patch. :)
  • FablewyndFablewynd Member Posts: 79
    edited November 2013
    @LiamEsler Beautiful, thanks for the hasty reply. It's testament to how good they were that we're wanting them again :D
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'm still partial to the one from BGII with the battlecry of, "To battle! With no regrets."
  • GreeniewolfGreeniewolf Member Posts: 1
    I too would love to see the bg2 (and later possibly the iwd and iwd2) voice sets and portraits included. Even following some of the tutorials elsewhere in the forums, I have been unable to get any of the custom voicesets I had in the original BG and BG2 to work in BG:ee and at least this would give some variety.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I really like the "Default" male voice in BG(:EE) for my arcane casters. I'm hoping that'll pop up in BGII:EE eventually... please?
    LiamEsler said:

Lack of time was the primary issue. We're hoping to include them in a patch. :)

@LiamEsler Do you mean a patch adding the BG2 voices into BG1, or vice versa?

BG2's default female voice has always been the ideal female voice for me. BG1's default sounds a little too old/mature for my character (plus it inevitably conjures up the image of Peggy Bundy in my mind, LOL), and the other BG1 voices are too flamboyant in their respective ways. Also BG2 had a female voice that was ideal for a female half-orc, which none of the other BG voices really are IMO.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @SharGuidesMyHand The patch will add the new BG:EE soundsets into BGII:EE.
  • IntoTheDarknessIntoTheDarkness Member Posts: 118
    LiamEsler said:

One and half a year has passed. Any plans to add the BGEE voice sets to BG2EE?
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211

LiamEsler said:

One and half a year has passed. Any plans to add the BGEE voice sets to BG2EE?
    And the portraits. It is absurd to not include BG:EE portraits in BG2:EE and vice versa.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,735
    @IntoTheDarkness This is a modder's work right now. @smeagolheart is not very far away from completing it:)
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    It's certainly possible with my mod, I've just not had time to get down to it recently. I'm in the process of moving.