Skip to content

Slight problem with the Poison quest in the middle of Baldur's gate....

ShelfunitShelfunit Member Posts: 8
I've unfortunately committed a schoolboy error and managed to slaughter the occupants of the temple of Umberlee prior to being poisoned, leaving me with no one to talk to in the temple, and thus no apparent way of lifting the geas, and so no way of de-poisoning myself... Is there an alternate path to cure-dom, or will I need to EE Keeper the antidote to myself?

Comments

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Did they start not dropping the geas paperwork you'd need anyways? This was always a painful quest to trigger, since you could at times get screwed over and have to edit/cheat to survive. The game put in some alternatives, IE you can just kill the priestess for the papers you need, and proceed as normal.
  • ShelfunitShelfunit Member Posts: 8
    Sadly not - I killed the temple ladies after slightly cocking up the dead boy quest (despite having Tenya "helping" me out). The poison quest only kicked in the second time I entered the carnival/market area, which was a few game weeks after my first tour of BG city. I was kind of hoping for Biff the understudy to fill in...
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    No, I mean in vanilla it never mattered when you kill the Umberlant, she always dropped the same stuff.

I would go back and double check her drop location, the geas stuff won't disapear I think, it's a quest item.
  • ShelfunitShelfunit Member Posts: 8
    DreadKhan said:

No, I mean in vanilla it never mattered when you kill the Umberlant, she always dropped the same stuff.

I would go back and double check her drop location, the geas stuff won't disapear I think, it's a quest item.

Nothing dropped either - I'll probs just EE keeper in the scroll or something. Fortunately hadn't saved at the point the poison quest started, so I might be ok if I just don't go back to that part of the city.