Skip to content

Techincal issue - TV connected to PC, how to use them at the same time

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
edited April 2015 in Off-Topic
Hi ppl, iknow that this forum isn't the proper place for this kind of question, but we're nearly about family here :), so lemme share a personal problem.

I just connected my TV to my PC. Real nice (besides some screen issues, as the image do not fill all the screen), i also set the sound to be spread by the TV.

My issue, however, is: Can i make some programs use TV sound player and other programs to use the PC sound player at the same time?

This way i could play my baldur's gate on PC monitor and use the PC sound for it AND use the TV to reproduce movies that use TV sound system at the same time. Is this possible?
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I'm not quite sure what you're asking. I know that I can play BG on my TV from my couch (using a wireless keyboard and mouse, plus HDMl cable from PC to TV) but I can't run a different process on my PC at the same time because it's busy running BG. If you are wanting to split the audio output from the video output you can run a cable from the earphone jack socket on your PC to your music system (which will cut off the PC speakers) whilst still playing the game on your PC screen.
    JuliusBorisov
  • skinnydragonskinnydragon Member Posts: 110
    Assuming you have the drivers for both sound systems running properly and you have speakers wired into the PC sound system. Try going into the options menu on baldurs gate and then sound options then audio options hopefully either there or in advanced configuration there should be a drop box to select the audio device. Disclaimer I'm writing this from memory/experience of similar games and do not have my copy of bg to hand
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    dunbar said:

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. I know that I can play BG on my TV from my couch (using a wireless keyboard and mouse, plus HDMl cable from PC to TV) but I can't run a different process on my PC at the same time because it's busy running BG. If you are wanting to split the audio output from the video output you can run a cable from the earphone jack socket on your PC to your music system (which will cut off the PC speakers) whilst still playing the game on your PC screen.

Specifically, i'm trying to play baldur's gate on PC while with the PC sound system while i play a video on the screen of my TV (connected to my TV) using there the sound system of the TV.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Will the video on the TV be played (run) on the computer and displayed and sound projected on the tv?
    The idea is to make 2 process runs.

1° - TV become a monitor (with it's own sound set).
    2° - The movie i run in TV will use TV sound system.
    3° - At the same time i run a game on the other monitor (the only true monitor in fact)
    4° - To run the game sound i use the PCs sound set.
    5° - Both process are done at the same time.
  • skinnydragonskinnydragon Member Posts: 110
    Been looking into this seems getting software to dedicate itself to different cards doesn't happen anymore. Yay for progress, this discussion on a tech forum seems like it might be helpful first few posts are about fitting new harware them someone proposes a software option. Hope it helps http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/56466-4-direct-sound-applications-outputs
    kamuizinMetalloman
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    You should see if your media player allows you to set a specific output to be used, otherwise I fear you'll need a specific sound card and/or specific softwares...
    jackjackAristillius
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I go from my PC HDMI to my receiver and my sound comes through the surround sound. Check your sound settings in the control panel if sound is the issue.
    jackjack
    gonna check these hints ppl, real thx.