Skip to content

My conjurer and his constitution.

diogojindiogojin Member Posts: 25
I'm replaying the BG1 (I love this game ) and this time I made a conjurer (YEAH!!!). Then I rolled the following status:

My Char is a human, Chaotic good alignment.
Str: 10
Dex: 18
Con: 18 (now i have 19, you know, i used the tome)
Int: 18 (19 with the tome)
Wis:15 (18 with the tome) (I plan to use the spell wish in BG2)
Cha: 14: (15 with the tome and 17 with the cloak)

So I started playing , I am currently near the end of the game , I noticed that even though I have a high constitution, the bonus per level is still +2. I forgot the hitpoints bonus is only for warrior type character , if I use the Claw of Kazgaroth will correct my mistake ? (You know, -2 con but AC bonus and saving throws).

sorry my horrible english.

Comments

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Only Paladins, Rangers and Fighters get bonuses for having Con over 16. So your 3 points of Con are kinda wasted.

That said...with the claw of Kazgaroth you get the perks without any downside, which is nice.

Your familiar can die 3 times before you feel any penalty.

In BG2 there are ways to get another point of Constitution. When you hit Con 20, you start regenerating naturally.
    diogojinJuliusBorisov
  • diogojindiogojin Member Posts: 25
    @Grum Sorry my question friend but, The familiars are really essentials for a mage? The game will be more difficult without a familiar?
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    diogojin said:

@Grum Sorry my question friend but, The familiars are really essentials for a mage? The game will be more difficult without a familiar?

They're basically an permanent item you will have in your inventory to get HP bonus, except for some few uses (as familiars with pickpocket for example).
    diogojinJuliusBorisov
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    diogojin said:

Sorry my question friend but, The familiars are really essentials for a mage? The game will be more difficult without a familiar?

No they aren't essential. You can get through the game just fine without one.

diogojinJuliusBorisov
    @Belanos Thank you one more time friend :smile:
    JuliusBorisov
    @kamuizin Thank you friend
    JuliusBorisov