Skip to content

How to check if mods work after reinstall?

GeraldGerald Member Posts: 11
Hello everyone!

After the last update for BG2EE I couldnt start my game anymore so I made a copy of my save and mod files and reinstalled the game - It works again!
Problem: I forgot to delete the mod files from the game folder before reinstalling the game and now the game folder looks exactly like it did before the reinstall. Do you guys think that the mods are still working, or that the corresponding files have been overwritten? Since most of my mods are "banter mods" there seems to be no way to check ingame...

I hope you guys can help me with this! :)

Comments

• MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    If you properly re-installed the game then your dialog files are likely to be overwritten with the standard files. Do you have something left in the override folder ?
  • GeraldGerald Member Posts: 11
    Musigny said:

If you properly re-installed the game then your dialog files are likely to be overwritten with the standard files. Do you have something left in the override folder ?

Yes the override folder is full of stuff! Can anything happen if I simply reinstall the mods? Is there a risk of causing any problems with my save files (like not being able to load)?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Gerald As a rule always take note of the order you installed the mods and which option you chose. This way if you ever have to reinstall them you'll have no problems with your saves.
  • GeraldGerald Member Posts: 11
    mlnevese said:

@Gerald As a rule always take note of the order you installed the mods and which option you chose. This way if you ever have to reinstall them you'll have no problems with your saves.

I did now just that and everything seems to work splendid. Thanks :)
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    For some reasons, I haven't seen those replies till now. My apologies.
    I am glad everything is on track.
    If your mods are based on the weidu program (you launch a program named setup-yourmodsname.exe which asks a few questions) then keep a copy of the weidu.log file stored in your main game folder. You will then remember what is installed and in which order.
    It is also good to grep/search/browse the DEBUGsomething files for the word "ERROR".