Skip to content

Star Wars games on sale on GOG and Steam

proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
Heads up, pretty much every Star Wars game is on sale on GOG and Steam through the next few days. I just picked up KOTOR 1&2 for $6 total. (Hint: if those games crash right after character creation, go into the options and disable grass and shadows and you should be good to go)
jackjackthe_spyder

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    May the 4th be with you!
    proccoBelgarathMTH
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Thanks for the heads up. I might just have to scoot over there and pick up a few games (as if I don't already have enough games to (re-) play). :smile:
    proccojackjack
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915

Thanks for the heads up. I might just have to scoot over there and pick up a few games (as if I don't already have enough games to (re-) play). :smile:

Seriously. I have so many games on the back burner right now, it's not even funny. Ok. Maybe a little funny.
    jackjackthe_spyder
    edited May 2015
    On a related note, does anyone have any tips for getting KOTOR I & II working on Windows 7 64-bit with a 1GB ATi/AMD 6750M discrete video card? Right now, I can only "run" the games windowed at 1024x768, which honestly would be fine, but that's a moot point as they both crash after the post-character-creation loading screen.
    Was really looking forward to both games :/
    Post edited by jackjack on
    @jackjack See my original post. Go into Options before Chargen, and turn off grass and shadows and it should work. If not, maybe try disabling movie in the .ini file (certainly not ideal). There is a widescreen mod but I couldnt get it working correctly. There's instructions here:
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/32370/discussions/0/810923021632592525/
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2015
    jackjack said:

On a related note, does anyone have any tips for getting KOTOR I & II working on Windows 7 64-bit with a 1GB ATi/AMD 6750M discrete video card? Right now, I can only "run" the games windowed at 1024x768, which honestly would be fine, but that's a moot point as they both crash after the post-character-creation loading screen.
    Was really looking forward to both games :/

Nah man. I've found both games to be extremely buggy on my windows 7 64 bit computer. Especially KOTOR2 even with the unofficial patch. :(
    jackjack
    Also try running as administrator and in compatibility mode for XP service pack 2 or 3. I'm on Win8.1 but was having the same crashing. Doing those few things got it running well. It looks a little ugly due to the scaling (I'm going to monkey with that some more later tonight).
    jackjack
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Six dollars for both KOTORS on Steam? Shoot, I already spent too much money on "sales" for my Steam collection this month, but it looks like I'm going to have to empty the last $6 out of my wallet. That's too good to pass up!
    procco
    @jackjack Curious if you got the game running. I went in an experimented a little and it looks like it's actually the Frame Buffer Effects setting under Graphics/Advanced Options that is making the game crash after character generation.
    Hadn't tried that yet, will give it a shot, thanks :)
    Right now I somehow ended up back in Spellhold (…)
    procco