Skip to content

Transferring saves from PC/MAC to iPad under iOS 8.3

Hi !

After iOS 8.3 update, it seems that iFunBox is no longer able to transfer BG:EE saves from my Mac version to my iPad. Any plans to correct this in future versions ?

Thanks !

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I think that is a ifunbox or ios problem. Until ifunbox updates to be able to show up folders under applications properly in the newest ios like it used to do, there is little that can be done.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WarMachineWarMachine Member Posts: 7
    I would downgrade your device to ios 8.2 before apple stops signing it. I just downgraded today and iFunbox and iExplorer now work flawlessly.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I guess that's the one nice thing about owning an iPad that can't run anything past iOS 5 :D
  • DaemondevirDaemondevir Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 80
    edited May 2015
    I wanted to downgrade today to 8.2 and just from today Apple stopped signing it. I really hate apple for forcing me to use my devices how they want me to. :-(

But according to this post Beamdog should just allow File Sharing to make the savegame folders accessible again. Is my understanding right?

http://iexplorer-support.macroplant.com/customer/portal/articles/1942869
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    edited May 2015
    I haven't tried it out yet, but iFunbox just got an update that says it is compatible with iOS 8.3. Hopefully that will fix the problem.
  • WarMachineWarMachine Member Posts: 7
    The most recent iFunbox update is 2.95 (for Windows) and it still doesn't fix the app sandbox issue. Your only solutions are to downgrade to 8.2 (which is no longer possible due to Apple no longer signing the 8.2 software), wait for a jailbreak to arrive on IOS, or pressure the developers to put out a quick update allowing file sharing with your computer.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    There's a new feature in BG:EE that helps with this issue:
    http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/41811/ios-updated#latest

Not sure when we'll be able to get this on the other games, but it is in the plans
  • DaemondevirDaemondevir Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 80
    This is a nice solution, but unfortunately moving character portraits to the iOS device will not work that way.