Skip to content

Continuing Neera's romance from SoA to ToB

Hi, this is probably a bit of a long-shot question but what the heck.

I've been romancing Neera on my 2nd playthrough of the entire Baldur's Gate saga and I've just finished up defeating one J. Irenicus. However, it looks as though I missed out on the final SoA Neera "lovetalk" - she promised that she would write me a little tale but I never got to hear it!

Oh well, I suppose that's what you get for dating flaky, manic pixie dream girls.

Real reason - she only mentioned the tale when I was pretty much at the gates of Hell. I've tried resting in Hell to get the final lovetalk out of her but no joy as I suspect Hell will count as a dungeon and won't be conducive to triggering any romance dialogues.

So my question is, will missing out on Neera's final SoA talk stop the romance continuing in ToB or will it continue unaffected (though it means I won't get to see Neera deliver her story in my game)?

Thanks!

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I don't think missing out on the final lovetalk will prevent the romance from continuing in ToB. I would have to check to make sure though.
  • howmanyhourshowmanyhours Member Posts: 23
    Tresset said:

I don't think missing out on the final lovetalk will prevent the romance from continuing in ToB. I would have to check to make sure though.

I did a check in eekeeper for my save at the start of ToB and I think the Neera variable was set at "2" which I understand means that the romance story line is good to go but I know that these things have a tendency to be buggy. There is an earlier save I have at the start of Suldenessellar I could go back to but would really prefer not to as I bought, learnt and erased a hell of a lot of scrolls from Reirra (I couldn't resist - she was selling them for so little and I have way too much gold!) since that save and would like to avoid that v tedious process if possible...
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    As long as the love variable is 2, romance continues in ToB. You might just miss some dialogues but if it is just one it is not a big deal.
    However if it is more than that it may seem quite strange. One example would be Aerie's romance. I ended SoA without even kissing her, and first dialogue in ToB, just 30minutes later, was like "we'll see tonight if I am so shy and innocent"
    Sorry for bumping my own thread but just to report it does look like the romance continues in ToB - just had the encounter with the Gorion Master Wraith and poor Neera got dragged into it as my character's and was taunted by the appearance of an old flame...

Bumping this thread for the second and last time - just wondering if there's any particular trigger for Neera's last romance related dialogue?

I've completed her ToB quest and I'm nearing the very end of the game (just about to storm Balthazar's monastery) but I think I've got one last talk with her to go. Would really like to not repeat my experience with SoA and miss out on the final bit of this part of story...

So (mild spoilers I guess)....

Looks like the trigger for the final lovetalk is giving Amelyssan her fourth and final stomping.

Aw, how romantic.x