Skip to content

XP-cap remover for BGIIEE

Hi!
I'm soloing BGIIEE and about to reach the xp-cap. Which is the best/easiest/safest cap/mod to install if I want to be able to keep my character, a F/M/T, going to 40/40/40 and be able to chose between all the HLA:s? /J

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    BG2Tweaks also allows you to take triple class HLAs
    JuliusBorisov
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    One of my favourite options with the BG2Tweaks mod is the ability to shut up the "You must gather your party..." dialogue. Man that's an annoying line. That mod is pretty much the only one I'm using for my games.
    It's also worth noting the BG2Tweaks should probably be renamed EETweaks as it works for BG:EE, BG2:EE and IWD:EE.
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    I installed it in my BGIIEE folder but all I get is a Failure, not a game directory... Where should the programme be installed?
    My route is;

C:\RPG\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783
    @decado In the 00783 folder?
    Yes
    edited May 2015
    Just make sure it is your installation directory.

MrSextonJuliusBorisov
    Did you get it working?
    JuliusBorisov
    Hell yeah! Brilliant! Those tweaks should be optional in the game.
    JuliusBorisov
  • epheweephewe Member Posts: 8
    So I've a question... Maybe it's stupid, I dunno. So I just got to Underdark right. I want to remove the level cap (or at least increase it). The goal being, to be able to actually cast the level 9 spells I have in my spellbook. Anyway, I used the tweaker and I tried both the remove and increase options for the exp cap. I then loaded my game and attempted to level up (my characters already have the exp needed, it's just that the Accept button is greyed out. Aaaand it still is greyed out. So yeah. I dunno what the problem is. Anyone able to enlighten me?
  • epheweephewe Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2017
    Turns out, I am in fact a secret-retard. So all this time right... The entire game... I was not choosing abilities for my mage... or actually for any characters at all. I have not used a single special ability besides the lame druid ones that I learned early on to ignore. I had no idea about the alacrity or additional spell abilities. I literally didn't even click the ability button when leveling up. At all. Anyway it was the 4 unused ability slots that was keeping me from leveling up. *facepalm*
    Post edited by ephewe on