Skip to content

Is IWD2EE + Expansions in the works?

I wasn't sure where to ask, but I am curious whether BeamDogs is going to complete its great and release enhanced edition IWD2 + Expansions? Is it in the works? Any ETA's?

Comments

• proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Nothing has been officially announced, or unofficially for that matter. The devs have voiced interest in doing it, but that's about all we've gotten.
    I'm sure @bengoshi, the. Illustrious font of knowledge and exhaustive research, could elaborate on that.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Makes sense but they mentioned the mechanics would take much longer and looks like theyre going a different route...adventure Y :smile:
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    brunardo said:

Makes sense but they mentioned the mechanics would take much longer and looks like theyre going a different route...adventure Y :smile:

They haven't ruled it out though. It probably won't be anytime soon, though.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    I thought I read somewhere that they wasn't planning to do the sequel. But curious what do you mean by expansions?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    The latest (as of May, the 5th) information is that IWD2EE is only one of possible Beamdog's future projects, along with PSTEE, NWNEE or something completely new.

All their effort currently goes into the Adventure Y. I think that we could learn about the next project closer to Autumn, 2015.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I am hoping they will do IWD2. Proems could be with the licensing, as well as the significantly different engine.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968

Proems could be with the licensing, as well as the significantly different engine.

The engine isn't significantly different, it's still basically the same IE engine. But the D&D version 3.0 rule set the game uses adds some programming challenges they will need to overcome. I suspect they will get around to it at some point, same with Planescape Torment. As mentioned though, for now they're most likely focusing on Adventure Y. They're not a very large company and so can't be spreading their time and resources out too thinly.