Skip to content

Neera's Quest: Can't enter Red Wizard Enclave

Neera's questline has given me a whole lot of trouble, from the Wild Forest not appearing initially to this new problem. The door to the Red Wizard Enclave is stuck open, and mousing over the open door simply gives me an info tooltip that says "the store behind this door is small and only sells sundries, trinkets, etc..." just like a couple other small storefronts in the promenade. The door is stuck like this before and after dealing with the guard. I've attached a picture of it. Any ideas? Or, does anyone know the area code of the enclave so I can console into the zone? Thank you!

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Code is OH6300, you should enter at the SE merchant area and would need to start there otherwise you'll break more plot elements. C:ExploreArea() then Ctrl/J to jump to the correct start point.

It sounds like the Neera content is not installed correctly. Have you been playing solely on pc/mac, or switching between those and a tablet version.

There should be a guard right by that door which also looks like missing content.
  • zeppelin2kzeppelin2k Member Posts: 5
    Gate70 said:

Code is OH6300, you should enter at the SE merchant area and would need to start there otherwise you'll break more plot elements. C:ExploreArea() then Ctrl/J to jump to the correct start point.

It sounds like the Neera content is not installed correctly. Have you been playing solely on pc/mac, or switching between those and a tablet version.

There should be a guard right by that door which also looks like missing content.

Thanks for the response. To answer your questions, I've been playing solely on one pc, with a save imported from BG:EE. The guard was just bribed, which is why he's not there, but the door remained open with the same tooltip while standing there. Was that the reason you believed the Neera content wasn't installed correctly? Would you recommend reinstalling the game, or is it a little too late for this save?

And I'll try out the console commands. But could you actually make sure I'm doing it correctly?
    First: C:MoveToArea("OH6300")
    then C:ExploreArea()
    then Ctrl+J to jump to SE corner?
    I guess we'll see where I port to when moving to the area. I'll try it out later today. Thank you again for the help.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    That command sequence looks OK.

Reinstalling now won't help unless you started a new game, assuming that's the issue.