Skip to content

Evil towns?

Opposite of regular towns, where guards attack evil players. Are there any evil towns, that accept the commerce and sanctuary of evil players?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2015
    Not in the way you may be looking for. There is a drow city in bg2 that accepts low reputation and evil characters, but high reputation characters will get much better prices there.
    JuliusBorisov
  • jesterdesujesterdesu Member Posts: 373
    Some evil communities would definitely be a nice touch. At least reversing the role of reputation in Drow cities and with thief merchants would be a great start.
    JuliusBorisovGrumBrer_Rabbit
    I guess so on this occasion, however I still really like the idea.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Would I get a rep hit if my good party destroyed said evil town?
  • Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159

Would I get a rep hit if my good party destroyed said evil town?

How about no, but it would if a neutral-aligned character did, since they're about balance and all? 8)
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    elminster said:

Your rep should really have no affect in the drow city given the circumstances.

You know, maybe Adratha cast one of those stupid illusions that only affect how the party sees itself? She's mean enough... The Drow are just praying the Bhaalspawn doesn't raze the whole town, so they wisely play dumb.
    elminsterdeltagoGrumartificial_sunlight
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    DreadKhan said:

elminster said:

You know, maybe Adratha cast one of those stupid illusions that only affect how the party sees itself? She's mean enough... The Drow are just praying the Bhaalspawn doesn't raze the whole town, so they wisely play dumb.
    But doesn't the whole town turn against you in the end?
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

DreadKhan said:

elminster said:

But doesn't the whole town turn against you in the end?
    Only if you hang around or attack them. That and you really only see a small part of a much larger city. Where are the hordes of elves? Hiding! That's what.
    elminster
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Reputation is a strange mechanic. It's more like a dynamic alignment system that is forced to exist next to the static and irrelevant actual character alignments
    Brer_RabbitJarrakul
    I like the concept, but I also seem to be in a minority of those who like the alignments too...

I think reputation is not fully explored and could do much more (particularly from the evil end)
  • rhaelothrhaeloth Member Posts: 28
    I mean it would just make sense - that if you can role a group into a negative/evil obligation, have a sanctuary for them ? That way if you come to a town, expecting to be hit by guards, you go to a town, expecting to murder those guards...
    Son_of_Imoen
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Could a Charname with sufficient Charisma turn the inhabitants of a small town into Followers (by performing a Trademeet type quest), thereby making that town a refuge where the populace would automatically attack anyone of opposite alignment?
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Reputation is a fantastic idea in theory (see Fallout: New Vegas), but in practice BG's implementation is weird and doesn't really measure anything correctly. It does measure several things approximately, though, so it kind of works anyway. Kind of.
    jesterdesu