Skip to content

BG1: EE Android Console: Can't Type in Text Box

Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159
So I finally figured out how to get the right console to open on my Android phone for BG:EE, but for whatever reason I can't actually enter anything in the text box.

I changed the ini properly (and checked it over at least five seperate times) and I can press CNTRL-ENTR to bring up the proper console screen, but I can't enter a thing in the text box.

Help? Please? I'm hoping this will give me a way to get Imoen back (I dismissed her at the Gnoll fortress some time ago and she's no longer there OR at the Friendly Arms Inn)...

Comments

• Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159
    Should I move this to the bugs section, as I haven't found anything about this problem for the past several hours? Or is there another place to get quick resolution (like the modding community?)? I believe Imoen took one of my quest items with her when she left too...
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi
    http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/36915/android-console-cursor-issue indicates the cursor might reposition away from the console window. After doing Ctrl/Enter is there a flashing red line cursor in the console window, and if not does tapping on that window move the cursor there?

& Imoen should remain exactly where you left her. If you left her somewhere like the pit where Dynaheir was, it can sometimes be tricky to see characters unless you go into the pit and move around (at least, that is my recollection from the original game).
    edited May 2015
    No, and tapping the tar out of the text box hasn't helped me either. :(

I looked where I last left Imoen, which was just above Dynaheir's pit... She wasn't there, but a horde of Elite Kobolds were. I suspect the worst.

EDIT: I decided to give it another go, and somehow found Imoen again. :D Still trying to get the console to work, though.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    OK, so immediate game issue solved.

The linked thread was started in November 2014 so BG:EE would have been on version 1.2. Version 1.3 would have picked up engine changes from IWD:EE which was mentioned as not having a working console in that thread. It may be the case that BG:EE 1.3 console doesn't work correctly as a consequence. You can use EE Keeper if you have the pc/mac version, or upload saves to these forums and ask for help if you don't.
    Thanks

@Illydth - tagging for reference so we can check status of 1.3 Android console and so on.
    I'm on the Android phone and I'm new to the whole Dungeons and Dragons thing, so I don't have EE or Shadowkeeper. Since I found Known and everything is going swimmingly so far, I don't have a need. That being said, at least I'm contributing. :smile: Let me know if there's any additional testing you guys want me to do, I'm always happy to chase down bugs and things (kinda my thing...).