Skip to content

The moment I have been waiting for - the DVD version

My my - I am lost for words now holding this gem in my hands.

There is a wonderful description on how it will kill me if I play too much - but hey it is in German and I am Danish.

And it includes a beautiful dobbelsided poster. One side with Bodhi and the other the party fighting a beholder. Now to convince my significant other to put it on the bedside wall. Teenager style. And of course on his side of the bed so he will start to grasp the wonders of this game and start playing himself.

Pictures of the wonder is included - and it is available at the German Amazon page :D

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Is this real world? Looks so beautiful!
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    @doggy Thanks for pointing this out! I've just checked on Amazon UK, they have it in stock too and I've just ordered a copy for delivery Thursday (21/5).
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Too bad there's not a manual. :bawling:
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    edited May 2015

Too bad there's not a manual. :bawling:

On the left side of the last picture, it looks like the original manual with an additional Beamdog pattern. What is it, just a poster ?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited May 2015
    I think he meant the Italian version of the game, since it has no manul.
    In my country, the retail version of the game is completely worthless - it is entirely in English and it adds nothing if you compare it with the digital version. No one is going to buy it here.
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    No manual. Only a description of the product something about beamdog and various warnings about gaming. Also that I must recycle it properly (as if I would ever part with it).

It also holds the nice poster.

Other than that it is the same as the online version. But still I had to own it. I'll place it next to vanilla on a shelf. Just because.
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    edited May 2015
    So now you can buy "warnings about gaming", I think it's too late for me :blush:
    I am sure that many guys still like those collectors. Good for them. A nice item.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @doggy Did they put the warning "Remember to eat"? :)
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    No that one is lacking. Therefore I play vanilla three times a day to get regular meals
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    My copy has just arrived!
    So now, with my 4 in 1 box set of the original BGs plus my BG1EE and BG2EE box sets, my Baldur's Gate games are ring-fenced against computer theft and Third World internet connections!