Skip to content

Curing Yakman (Watchers Keep)

I vaguely recall being able to cure Yakman of his insanity with a restoration spell back in the original game, did I dream this? It doesn't seem to work now.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Use a Heal spell instead.
  • GenryuGenryu Member Posts: 372
    That did the trick, ty.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    ... I did not know this was a thing. Wow. Learn something new every day.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited March 2015
    The hostile crazy mage you un-imprison from the weird machine in the Underdark can be cured with the heal spell, as well. (Not the lich)

Sadly, it does not seem to work on Minsc, (other than fully healing his hp) no matter how many times you may try. Nor on the poor inmates in Spellhold. It seems the damage is too old/chronic in their case and have been made permanent.
  • SampieroSampiero Member Posts: 31
    i tried "cure minor wounds" "restoration" and all and it's still madman. Did i missed something ?
  • GenryuGenryu Member Posts: 372
    edited May 2015
    Sampiero said:

i tried "cure minor wounds" "restoration" and all and it's still madman. Did i missed something ?

As Tresset posted it needs to be the heal spell (level 6 Cleric spell).
  • SampieroSampiero Member Posts: 31
    thank you very much :) i'm was trying all the curing things xD
  • MoczoMoczo Member Posts: 236
    lunar said:

The hostile crazy mage you un-imprison from the weird machine in the Underdark can be cured with the heal spell, as well. (Not the lich)

Sadly, it does not seem to work on Minsc, (other than fully healing his hp) no matter how many times you may try. Nor on the poor inmates in Spellhold. It seems the damage is too old/chronic in their case and have been made permanent.

Minsc is not insane. He is ENLIGHTENED.