Skip to content

Stronger Creatures - Simple Difficulty Mod

ManiacalFreakManiacalFreak Member Posts: 20
I based this off of "Mix-Mod" but it is much simpler. Enemies will receive bonuses to HP, THAC0, and AC depending on their general race attribute (e.g. humanoids get +3 THAC0 and AC and a 50% HP bonus, while giants get +3 THAC0, +1 AC, and tripled HP)

Hopefully this will make the game a bit harder... perhaps even on Insane difficulty with the XP bonus or with power-gamey characters.

Let me know what you guys think.

Comments

• who_is_danielwho_is_daniel Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 98
    Is no one using this?
  • who_is_danielwho_is_daniel Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 98
    This looks like a nice little mod
  • BorrroBorrro Member Posts: 3

It's a fine sentiment, but I fear the problems of IWD arise precisely from difficulty being tuned by numbers only, instead of general script/AI/behavior. Number tweaks are not sufficient in changing the paradigms of the very linear combat system, as HoF demonstrated.

I agree. We need something like Sword Coast Stratagems by DawidW ( http://www.gibberlings3.net/scs/ ) for IWD: EE. Hopefully he will finish it soon.
  • TEMNOZORANTEMNOZORAN Member Posts: 54
    Thank you very much for the mode. It is really nice combined with the Scales of balance who reduces by - 50% the Xp from monsters.

It really makes the game more challenging.

Icy regards from the Dale.
  • Opus131Opus131 Member Posts: 18
    Does this conflict with other mods? This seems one of those mods one would want to enable or disable at will, but it would be a mess if i had to re-mod the game every time. Since it only modifies creatures, it shouldn't run into many conflicts, right?