Skip to content

[Not An Issue] Jaheira's Harper Pin is only usable by Jaheira

GentblueGentblue Member Posts: 39
edited December 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
On the description it says "Harper pins are not attuned to any particular person..." but it is to Jaheira now. Either the description needs to be changed (maybe "Harper pins are not normally attuned to a particular person but Elminster was in a bad mood...") or it needs to be changed back to anyone (didn't Wizard slayers be able to use these?).
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• SertoriusSertorius Member Posts: 172
    edited June 2015
    I'm pretty sure it has always been Jaheira only. Also, if you look at the description, it says you will be hard pressed to find anyone with it who would be willing to lend it, or let it out of their sight.

From a roleplaying perspective (at least in PnP), it is also unwise to wear any symbol associated with certain groups, unless you are an actual member, as such groups tend to take offense. Kind of like wearing anything related to, say, Hells Angels, you just do not do it, if you are not a member :smile:
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    Actually, the only people who should be able to use these (as far as I know / remember from 2nd Edition AD&D) are Harpers, and the only one in the party that fits the bill is Jaheira... So I don't think this is a bug, no.
    Gallowglass
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Yes, @fkirenicus.

It's not attuned to a particular person, @Gentblue, but it makes sense that it should be attuned to Harpers. Any Harper can wear it, but not other people ... and Jaheira happens to be the only joinable NPC who is a Harper.

If another joinable Harper character were to be added to the game (whether by Beamdog or by a modder), then it would be a bug if the new Harper couldn't wear the Pin.

It'd be an interesting experiment (which I haven't tried) to force-join (Ctrl-J) one of the other Harper NPCs who can't normally be recruited. In theory, s/he ought to be able to wear the Pin. Has anyone tested this?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I think you mean Ctrl-Q. ;)

But the pin can only be worn by Jaheira, yes, and it's intended that way.
This discussion has been closed.