Skip to content

Form of a... squirrel!

This tale is inspired by the recent thread about the squirrel polymorph form.

I guess this involves exploiting some bugs in the game. After resting (or 24hrs, maybe), the squirrel form's restrictions vanish, so you can equip weapons and use abilities. Sadly, STR and DEX are set to 3 in a way that prevents upgrading with equipment - which, by the way, a squirrel can wear. (I'd have thought squirrels have excellent dexterity, but oh well.) Furthermore, their speed is like half a walking human's, which is ridiculous - squirrels should be fast with low constitution so they get tired quickly.

Anyhoo, with those stats the squirrel can only carry 5 lbs and can't equip any weapon that does a STR check. So I started a fresh game with an unikitted halfling fighter in order to get "respectable" THAC0 with slings.

In my mind, Fluffy is slinging acorns(!)

I set out from Candlekeep, grabbed Xzar and used the console to give him a wand of polymorph and a scroll of identify - boom, Fluffy's in squirrel form. Thanks, Xzar, now get lost. Imoen and I need some muscle if we're gonna survive the first day, so we head South to meet up with this ranger we heard was hanging around the High Hedge.

This dude's kind of weird because he starts explaining to a squirrel how an ogre killed his lady love. Must have been wandering the woods too long. Then - horror! - I spy some bushy-tailed jerk digging up MY CORN! Out comes the sling - he never knew what hit him. That's when Kivan delivered the funniest one-liner I've ever heard in BG:

"That was a noble deed."

Thanks, Kivan, I agree.

Comments

• SampieroSampiero Member Posts: 31
    Dude..... it's epic xD

i'm gonna try same in bg2
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I considered trying such a run, but I thought it'd involve keeping the squirrel attack weapon. But if it's a squirrel flinging acorns, I think a sling makes perfect sense. Good luck!
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    This makes me think of Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers.. :smiley: