Skip to content

Restored Cut Content (Possible Spoilers)

Does anyone know which are quest contents cut from the original game and now restored?

I'm playing the enhanced edition, I'm in Lower Dorn's Deep and I just killed Malavon, but i couldn't see any differences from the original game.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    The difference is that in IWDEE you can find a way to turn Malavon's golems against him.

The details of the restored content are below:

The Voice of Durdel Anatha
    This is probably the best known of the missing content, and a slightly different version is available as part of the core content of Auril's Bane. This component restores the Voice of Durdel Anatha, a cursed paladin of Torm forced to wander around Lower Dorn's Deep. The party can free him of his curse.

Malavon's Golems
    There was a book that detailed how Malavon created his twin iron golems. The party can possibly deactivate or even turn them against Malavon.

Expanded Guello/Beorn Quest
    When you speak with the deep gnomes, they actually ask for two things--that you kill Shikata and his salamander kin (thus freeing Guello) and also to stop the umber hulks that are digging and searching for their hidden enclave. Guello will now reward you for both tasks instead of just one of them. Note that this also restores a wave of umber hulks in Tarnelm's oubliette, making the battle here a bit tougher.

Presio's Duel
    The third level of Dragon's Eye features Presio and her legions of undead. As the party travels the area, she speaks to the party via her undead lieutenants. Paladins and mages can call her out to single combat through one of these vessels.

Orrick's Rhino Beetle Shield
    The duergar Dirty Llew can fashion a shield out of rhino beetle shells for the party; Nym can further enchant the shield. As an alternative, the party can take Llew's shield to Orrick in Kuldahar instead with a slightly different result.

The High Baptist's Flock
    Some leftover dialogues and scripting suggested The High Baptist was supposed to have some followers. When you encounter him on the fifth level of the Dragon's Eye, he'll now have a small but "loyal" congregation.

So, IWDEE includes the Unfinished Business mod components, except for the Marketh's Ring component.
    The reasons for not including this component were that it introduced some fundamental changes to some key characters and really stretched out the Marketh sequence with a lot of pointless delays.