Skip to content

Fallen Paladins Quest Error

Hello, i'm doing the fallen paladin quest, and after i readed "if i think the group is a threat, i may kill them" i did as soon as i met them :/ so nom i'm stuck. any way to save it ? i was thinking of CLUA codes.

thanks.

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Hello, sorry to see noone replied to your question. I'm very far, far from as knowledgeble as many others in here, but have you tried to go to the order of the radiant heart to see if it unlocks a dialogue with Sir Ryan Trawl to end the quest?
  • SampieroSampiero Member Posts: 31
    yes, i talked to him and said nothing else than "hey, how is your quest going ?"

ps : thank you for replying :)
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @Sampiero - it's fine (and generally expected) to fight the Fallen Paladins the second time you meet them, but fighting them the first time you met them was probably a mistake. Perhaps you could use the cheat-codes to re-create them (or at least to re-create Reynard) ... that might enable you to complete the quest, although I'm only guessing.
    Maybe all you need is to CLUA in Anarg since he's the only one left to be killed right, you killed the other the first time you met them. Perhaps it will unlock the end-quest dialogue. I'm guessing here as well though.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    edited June 2015
    Unfortunately due to game limitations, in 99.99% of cases you really do need to wait for the game scripts to prompt you into doing something. While the dialog does say you may end up killing them, what they mean is you may end up killing them sometime down the line, i.e. when the quest goes that way and they become hostile (forcing you to kill them).

This is an older game, but even in modern games it's usually not a world of truly free decisions. The complexity of a truly free decision tree would be overwhelming, and games simply can't respond to actual free decision making the way a human DM could. They are forced to rely on scripted events, and so you are essentially forced to play along. Just a fact of gaming.

TL;DR: don't do anything unless prompted to do so by the game, that will be the safe course in the vast majority of cases. To repair what you did, either load an earlier save or use the console to recreate the relevant characters, hoping that you didn't break a script somewhere and can continue on as the game intended.
    thanks for these answers ^^ i'll try CLUA codes
    So, i used CLUA to spawn reynald and anarg, who were hostile and attacked me; when i went back to sir ryan, he said that he needed the cup back, that it was very important. I spawned it with clua too, and he thanked me, gave me xp, 1 reputation point and gloves of healing. Everything went good after all.
    Good to hear you managed to fix it!