Skip to content

Orrick's Inventory updates?

GenryuGenryu Member Posts: 372
Have Orricks inventory updates always been randomized, or am I missing something?

I'm currently playing two games simultaneously, a solo character who is currently a good way into the game (Chapter 4) and a traditional party (Chapter 2).

I've just visited Orrick on my party playthrough, and he is now offering a large number of new items that were never offered to my solo character during the course of my other playthrough, and I visited him often!

I'm a little confused, did my solo game glitch and skip an update? My memory is probably hazy on account of not playing in years, but I could have swore his stock updated at set points in the story, with a fixed inventory.

EDIT: These are the items in question, plus a large number of scrolls. Up until the end of chapter 3, the only new inventory my solo character was offered were three scrolls.

Post edited by Genryu on

Comments

• MerinaMerina Member Posts: 303
    Orrick adds new items two times as you progress through the game. Those in your screenshot are from the first update. He will add more some time later.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    There is a bug somewhere. Best to always go and talk to Orrick as soon as you get to the relevant point in the story.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I think what you've experienced with another character, @Genryu , has happened because of this bug: http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/36744/10532-all-orricks-store-should-upgrade-even-if-it-wasnt-visited-in-chapters-2-or-3#latest

There're solutions in that thread and also here: http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/36842/orricks-items
  • GenryuGenryu Member Posts: 372
    I knew that was how it was supposed to work! I was beginning to doubt myself, thinking I was going senile.

It looks like I have encountered that bug or at least a similar one, as I did seem to trigger the first update on my solo character, it's just that I only got a partial selection of what he was supposed to offer (I got Lance of Disruption, Mordekainen's Force Missiles & Shout, which are the first 3 items listed in his new inventory). The second item update with the two robes seems to have triggered fine.

Well thanks for clearing that up guys!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I advice to make a bug report in that thread, @Genryu , with saves attached, so that it could serve as an additional evidence to the bug, because from the look of it, the thread's conclusion is unclear on whether the developers think there's a bug there, or not.
  • GenryuGenryu Member Posts: 372
    Will post one shortly.