Skip to content

By Crom! (Buy Crom?)

OK, does anyone have the stats on Crom Feyr? What I read about it on the scroll and such just seems to suggest it's nice vs giants, but we haven't seen any of those in quite a while. On the other hand, comments here on the forums suggest it has some other stuff going for it. My group has just scored the girdle of stone giant strength, and Anomen's natural strength is now 19, so I can spare the ogre gauntlets and frost giant girdle if I want to.

Comments

• SampieroSampiero Member Posts: 31
    Il s'agit du nom véritable que le forgeron nain Silverblade a donné à l'arme qu'il a créée pour son fils. Malheureusement, son fils est mort avant que l'arme ne soit terminée, mais la voici complète... combinant la magie du marteau initial avec des Gantelets de force d'ogre et un Ceinturon de force de Géant du froid. Crom Faeyr procure à son utilisateur toutes les capacités du Marteau de tonnerre original, en plus d'une force colossale et de la capacité de tuer les golems, les ettins et les trolls en un seul coup.

PARAMÈTRES :

Capacités spéciales : 25 en Force
    Tue les Golems de Pierre et d'Argile, les Ettins et les Trolls en un seul coup
    TAC0 : +5
    Dégâts : 2D4+3
    Type de dégâts : contondant
    Poids : 4
    Facteur de vitesse : 1
    Type de compétence : marteau
    Type : arme à 1 main
    Non utilisable par :
    Druide
    Magicien
    Voleur
  • SampieroSampiero Member Posts: 31
    in english : (partially)

put strength to 25
    one shot Golems, ettins and trolls

TAC0 : +5
    Damage : 2D4 + 3
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    edited June 2015
    I believe it's this:

THAC0: +5
    Damage: 2d4+3 +5 electrical
    Equipped: 25 STR
    Special ability: instantly kills Stone Golems, Clay Golems, Ettins, Trolls

Can't look it up in the game files because mine is heavily modded, but I think it should be accurate.

Crom Faeyr is a VERY powerful weapon, but not necessarily unequivocally so. Its damage can be phenomenal, but much of it derives from the 25 STR it confers. However, this comes at the expense of two items that also raise STR (gloves and belt) which means that in terms of overall party damage output, you MAY get more out of using the two items instead of combining them into the hammer.

That being said, for many setups Crom Faeyr will definitely be one of the strongest weapons in the game. It's probably safe to go ahead and make it if you have someone who can make good use of it, preferably someone with high APR to make the most out of the bonus damage per hit from the high STR.

Note: it is usually not a very good idea to give Crom Faeyr to a cleric or paladin, because they can already raise their STR to 25 with the spell Draw Upon Holy Might. As a lot of CF's damage comes from the 25 STR, those characters will not make the most of this weapon and you may be better served giving them something else and using Crom on a different character.

Another note: I believe Crom Faeyr's description can be bugged depending on which version of the game you're using, and erroneously display a damage that is too low (usually just 2d4+3 without the +5 electrical). However I'm 99% sure that it will still work as it should, just not match the description. Not sure if the latest EE has fixed it (probably) as my mods change things anyway...
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    "Note: it is usually not a very good idea to give Crom Faeyr to a cleric or paladin, because they can already raise their STR to 25 with the spell Draw Upon Holy Might. As a lot of CF's damage comes from the 25 STR, those characters will not make the most of this weapon and you may be better served giving them something else and using Crom on a different character."

Well, the only character I have who has specialized in Hammers is Anomen. While it is true that he can use the Holy Might spell to also bring his strength up to 25, this can be dispelled or wear off normally. The effects of the weapon itself should not be dispellable and will always be present. I'll probably go ahead then and create it, especially since I now have extra strength boosting items.
  • WesleyWesley Member Posts: 55
    Though it gives up some efficiency (she has access to Draw Upon Holy Might) I always had Viconia wield Crom Faer, because it seemed most compatible with her attitude. She still benefits from the dexterity bonus of DUHM, though.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Don't worry too much about the little details. For 99% of players, min/maxing is not necessary. Unless you're playing with SCS cranked to 11, you probably won't notice too much of a difference.

But of course I can't make a judgment about how everyone plays, so I just provide information and you make of it what fits YOUR play style best. That's important in the end.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    If you have a surplus of strength boosters, Crom Faeyr is probably worth it for Anomen. Even ignoring the strength, it's one of the highest-damage one-handed weapons in the damage, and the only thing that beats it by a noticeable margin is a very late-game TOB weapon that prevents you from being Improved Hasted (unless you use a mild exploit) or benefiting from boots of speed. So yeah, it's probably worth it.

At least that's the logic I used when I made the thing for my PC cleric a couple days ago.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    I gave it to Anomen as he's my boyfriend.

Thought it might stop his anxiety issues......................fat chance.
    But RPG'ing, can you imagine the fuss he'd kick up if I gave it to another bloke? or a woman??

There's be no living with him, and I wanted the marriage. A woman might be bhaalspawn ect, but that's no comfort if you are left on the shelf and I'm getting on a bit in the times the game is set.