Skip to content

Venturing into IWD for the First Time Today

2»

Comments

• Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
    Are there no scripts in iOS? I haven't checked Android yet, but they were there in BGEE. I'll be surprised if they're not there for IWD. I'll let you all know when I get a chance.

@Bubbles thanks for the well wishes! Had a great time! On the one hand, I wanted to do some more exploring of newer areas, but on the other, I wanted to ensure that the people with whom I spent the day had a good time. So I opted for the latter and took the familiar routes. We walked a lengthy trail to get to these waterfalls wherein I thoroughly enjoyed myself. We then went down to a beach that not too many people seem to know about and set up shop for a picnic before hitting a little harder trail. It's shorter, but steep and uneven in footing in many places. Regardless, all of it was beautiful.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @Fiendish_Warrior, I am glad you have a great time :smile:
    Frankly, quality time spent in your real life is very important and not always easy to find, much like the first +1 weapon that you are proficient in during the early part of IWDEE :tongue:
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Genryu said:

There are no A.I scripts in the iOS version?

Ingame > Character Record > Customize > Scripts?

I couldn't imagine playing a full party without scripts anymore.

There are scripts. The difference in iOS is that you don't have a keyboard to adjust some of the control scripts.
    Wowo said:

Genryu said:

There are scripts. The difference in iOS is that you don't have a keyboard to adjust some of the control scripts.
    Makes sense. Have you tried using a bluetooth keyboard? On my tablet, the bluetooth keyboard adds that extra bit of functionality.

Wowo said:

Genryu said:

Makes sense. Have you tried using a bluetooth keyboard? On my tablet, the bluetooth keyboard adds that extra bit of functionality.
    I'm fairly certain that others have explored that functionality for iPad but I think it doesn't work due to some restrictions from apple.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Bubbles said:

@bengoshi, could you drop me a tip about that melee thingy?

I have been avoiding as much melee in my first run as possible because of them tanks tend to end up in triage a tad too often if i exposed them heavily.

Just pack your tank with the lowest AC possible, buff her with any spells you have, let the Bard (or the Skald) sing and go through it, @bubbles.
    @bengoshi, I will try a party run soon, once I get mad about this solo no re-load attempt :grin:

I learned a lot about tanking in this solo run itself, not just AC, need a hell lot of THAC0 too if possible to reduce the time of engagement. The longer one drags the more chance of being hit by a roll of 20.
    Bubbles said:

@bengoshi, I will try a party run soon, once I get mad about this solo no re-load attempt :grin:

I learned a lot about tanking in this solo run itself, not just AC, need a hell lot of THAC0 too if possible to reduce the time of engagement. The longer one drags the more chance of being hit by a roll of 20.

Few different strategies available.

Shield+mirror image+blur is a pretty sure fire way to not take hits until the buffs run out.

Have you thought about sticking enough points into PP to get a FoM ring? Throwing webs with FoM is the best.

I hope you're dual wielding too.

edited June 2015
    @Wowo I have not started dual-wielding yet as I was force to take up specialization on longbow to better survive the early part of the run (literally run in some cases hahah kite-runs).

* I failed to copy that free blur spell into the book thus now i am without blur :disappointed:
    @Wowo I am still wearing pretty thick armor at the moment so spell-casting is out of the question :expressionless:
    Bubbles said:

@Wowo I am still wearing pretty thick armor at the moment so spell-casting is out of the question :expressionless:

You're only scribing scrolls under the effects of a potion of genius or mind focusing, right?
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Shields are really pretty cool in IWD, some are worth using for a tank, especially if its enough to make your DR really, really high. Shields are less of a drawback for a Fighter with GM, or can hit 5 apr without IH. There was a strength shield in vanilla, giving +1 str, which is really useful if you can get to 19 str.
  • GenryuGenryu Member Posts: 372
    Wowo said:

Genryu said:

Right on, that makes sense.
    Ran into the Mother Evgenia bug where Priestess Calliana pretends she's still missing. It looks like that's been around for a *long* time. I'm surprised it was never fixed.
    edited June 2015
    In other news, my OCD kicked in and I made *another* party, not because there was anything wrong with the first but because I have a problem. There was the "might jedis be better classified as druids" thread in the Off-Topic subforum and, inspired, I decided to make a party of fighter-druids.
    Post edited by Fiendish_Warrior on

Ran into the Mother Evgenia bug where Priestess Calliana pretends she's still missing. It looks like that's been around for a *long* time. I'm surprised it was never fixed.

Nevermind. She acknowledged it after wholly completing Dragon's Eye (all five floors).
    Can Kresselack be killed? He seems to take poison damage but never turns hostile or reveals his level of injury. Is he non-killable or does he actually have some kind of high number of HP? I currently have a sword spider biting him for poison damage. Must have lost at least 100 by now.

I'm far beyond this point (starting Dorn's Keep) but am a player that gets intrigued by these kinds of experiments.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Can't be killed unfortunately. At least not by dealing direct damage.

Can't be killed unfortunately. At least not by dealing direct damage.

Archer called shot? Mindflayer int drain?
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Wowo Indeed it's possible. Haven't tested.