Skip to content

SCS on Android - list of dialog codes from dialog.tlk?

Hello all, I have a question for someone with a greater knowledge of IE editing than I - is it conveniently possible to do an info dump of dialog codes from the dialog.tlk, to help translate the "Invalid: ######" messages that pop up when using SCS on Android?

A bit of background:

- I've installed SCS onto Android by first copying the obb files to my PC and extracting them, then running through the SCS install process in that folder (sticking to mainly core options like smarter mages), then finally copying over the newly created override folder with its 6,000 or so files back to my phone.

- This works great and it's fantastic to be back to the 'proper' challenging game. All the AI seems to work fully and I've not come across any obvious bugs.

- Except, however, that to my knowledge and as discussed elsewhere on this forum, there isn't a way to amend dialog.tlk on Android, so all customised messages appear as "Invalid" followed by a six-digit number. These largely occur when enemies are pre-buffing/potioning/etc. While it's not a terrible thing to be blind to pre-buffs, I think it's fairer and better to know - and also as the designer intended it.

Now clearly there aren't that many different pre-buffs - a few dozen at most with a smaller number being the most common. That means if someone could somehow extract that list matching codes to messages for me to use as a reference, I would have a very effective substitute.

Any assistance / comments / suggestions would be most welcome.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    According to the Devs, you can't change the tlk file.

http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/490539/#Comment_490539

So, the SCS that is installed on a PC version of the game and then transferred (in the form of the contents of the override directory) to the Android device, works ok except for missing string errors.
  • SuchoopSuchoop Member Posts: 4
    Thanks bengoshi. I realise you can't edit the tlk file with Android - that's why I'm after a substitute list extracted from it to save separately / memorise.