Skip to content

A subtract all rolled attributes button!!

KageDeltaKageDelta Member Posts: 14
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I would Press reroll until the cows came home if they would add a simple button that minimized all the stats I rolled so I could see my outcome. I already hit reroll a million times if I could hit reroll. Then a single subtract button instead of having to hit every single attribute down to the minimum I would gladly reroll two million times. Anyone else wish such a button existed? I mean it would take 5 minutes to code such a thing. If that.

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited August 2012
    Not really. If all you want is a way to smoothly reroll with as little hassle as possible, without having to look over stats or add them up in your head, until you get a certain total... well, then just use an editor and set the stats to whatever you feel your character should have.
    kirosHvitrEbrithil
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    I don't like the idea, it would be too easy.
  • Roller12Roller12 Member Posts: 437
    edited August 2012
    Here is a tip, dont click down to the minimum, you know that number already. Normalize to 15/15/15/15/15/15 instead, thats 90 points, anything below is junk. so if the roll is 17/14/15/15/15/15 you know thats above 90 and if its 8/8/15/15/15/15 than its below 90 and can safely be rerolled. After a while it becomes really easy to estimate the total number with just a few clicks.

that having said rolling a 92 takes like 5 min with a fighter, the worst class to roll stats in. Thats a roll of 18/18/18/18/10/10 How much more does it need to be?? If desperate roll a ranger/cleric multiclass. Due to how rolling works, I dont think it is even possible to get bad rolls with that guy. :)
  • kiroskiros Member Posts: 119
    edited August 2012
    No. Stat attribution is fine the way it is..Let's not all have 18/18/18/18 characters thankyou.
    HvitrEbrithil
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    edited August 2012
  • HvitrEbrithilHvitrEbrithil Member Posts: 36

I don't like the idea, it would be too easy.

So would this.
  • KageDeltaKageDelta Member Posts: 14
    Thank you Roller12. I never thought of Doing it that way for some reason. I will probably end up doing that.

While I'm at it are we even positive that a character editor will be available upon release of the game? I'm pretty sure that I'm going to play this game midnight of the release date.

Syntia13. Thanks for the links. Some very interesting stuff in there. I knew I wasn't alone in wanting to be a little lazy lol. Forgot about all the Elitest jerks that were standing by ready to flame this topic.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @KageDelta Tools like NearInfinity are being used in the development of the EE, so it's extremely likely that they'll be compatible enough at launch, especially to do simple things like change stats.
  • SacherySachery Member Posts: 33
    The rolling system in baldur's gate is fine, dont change it.
    kiros
  • kiroskiros Member Posts: 119
    edited September 2012
    Stat system is fine guys, obviously it would make it easier..but it will also make it easier for people to attain ridiculously powerful characters.
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    It`s a role-playing game, If players want to role-play supermen, let them do so without having to reroll for 2 hours. If you personally don`t want to, then don`t. ;)
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    Yeah, a superman! I don't want to roll stats, just let me set them to whatever I want. I don't forsee any balancing problems that way... :)
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    I say add the button. If you people think it'd be 'too easy' then don't press the button. Simple :P