Skip to content

Draconis

Just curious, I finally beat this motherfucker after like 2 straight hour on the hardest difficulty.

The main reason it was so hard was because non of my +4 weapons could hit him.

Something happened in the fight that suddenly meant that I could, after like 2 hours of breaches, lower magic resistances, pierce shields, remove magics, dispels.

What did I do? I suddenly noticed Jan could hit him and was like "Don't question it! Kill him NOW!"

Glad he's dead but feel a little hollow because I don't know how.

I used the level 9 blades spell/sword thing too that *maybe* drained his levels?

Ardul

Comments

• SnesleyWipesSnesleyWipes Member Posts: 12
    Oh I also chained 6 simultaneous lower magic resistances if that helps
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    +4 should be enough to hit anything in the game save one particular enemy most people never even see. If you couldn't hit Draconis, it wasn't because of an inherent immunity but a temporary one, i.e. some spell he cast to protect himself. I don't know what spells he uses in an unmodded game, but it could be any of several combat protections: Protection from Magic Weapons, Improved Mantle, and the likes.
    lunarJuliusBorisov
  • SnesleyWipesSnesleyWipes Member Posts: 12
    So I must of just gotten lucky then! Cheers mate. Wish I'd proper outwitted him, but hey. Hardest fight in the whole series for me so far.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

... one particular enemy most people never even see.

My mind has gone blank on this. Who do you mean, @Lord_Tansheron?

edited June 2015

My mind has gone blank on this. Who do you mean, @Lord_Tansheron?

The lich/shade/whateverevilthing summoned by the Deck of Many Things requires +5 weapons to hit.

Now that I think about it, the Demon Lord summoned in Ust Natha may also require +5, I can't remember exactly. I only fought it like two times, long ago.

Anyway, those enemies will not be fought by like 99% of players either way.
    JuliusBorisov
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Ah, yes, thanks, @Lord_Tansheron.

I've never fought the Death Shade summoned by the DoMT - with the DoMT, I usually shamelessly re-roll for the draws I want. Thus I didn't realise that it was vulnerable to +5 only.

However, yes, now that you mention it, I do recall that the Demon Lord in Ust Natha requires +5 enchantment to hit ... but he doesn't have many HP if you can actually hit him at all, so I've taken him down several times with Melf's Minute Meteors (whose +5 enchantment is a significant bonus which is often overlooked).
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    @Lord_Tansheron
    There are two of them: Lesser Demon Lord and Death Shade from the DoMT. While Death Shade should be a fairly easy pick by the time you get DoMT, Lesser Demon Lord is a problem for, aside from the Sling of Everard and Carsomyr you cannot have any weapon to hit him at this point. I usually end up using the Slayer form when facing him (or MMM if I have a mage)
    JuliusBorisov
    Arunsun said:

aside from the Sling of Everard and Carsomyr you cannot have any weapon to hit him at this point.

Technically the +5 darts from Cloak of the Stars, and Energy Blades should also work. But yes, it's a stretch at that point in the game.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    @Lord_Tansheron You quite certainly won't have energy blade at that point unless you are soloing indeed. As for the +5Darts, you can no longer make them last forever which means you will most likely not have enough of them. He has low HP but still not that low though.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Tank him if at all possible. Cloak of the sewers works wonders for this. I like giving it to minsc so I can think of it as boo going for the eyes.