Skip to content

I have returned! With questions lol.

It's been quite some time sinc I last came here, but now I've returned.

I've started back playing bgee after a extensive break. So I recently just got into the sixth cchapter and decended to do durlag's tower... Who ever design that place is not in heaven, I assure you.

So after a clear the second level and fight the Nobel wyvern, I decide that I want a familiar. Only problem is I have no clue where to find a find familiar scroll. And even if I wasn't already level 8, I am not a fan of giving the spell to my dd. So am I out of luck? From searching Google, the only one seemed to be way back at the end of the mines.

Onto my second question, my current play through I'm playing a Dragon themed/designed DD. (This is the one I'm taking into bg2 and tob).

But I want to at least do a evil run of bg, so I wanted some thoughts on a interesting team comp. This time I'm trying to decide between a general mage or wild mage. I'm always going to be a arcane caster, no matter the rpg, I don't care if they are up, or some npc does it better.

I really love wild mages, despite all the hate they seem to get. In my time playing with Neera, I only got 1 end game affect. And I've been trying to open the dimension door again so I can get a rematch with that damn demon. I'm ready for him now!

General mage,mostly because its general. I personally don't take kits unless it's for rp flavor.

Personally for I was thinking for my team

Mage- charname primary caster (maybe attempted nuker.)

Death incarnate- Dorn li-Khan

Secondary mystic (baloth or Edwin) I haven't taken my dd into the black pits yet, so u don't know how annoying he is.

Eye candy, but don't tell her I said that - Viconia DeVir

....and that's all I god, I still need a good thief/rogue.

I'm also looking for some decent banter, my very first play through, I ended up mixing good with evil characters and the banter was beautiful. But eventually the good character attacked Viconia and lost his life for it. My current good run, banter just doesn't seem t exist. I know the characters aren't as in depth as they are in bg 2, but I'm hoping for something fun.

Comments

• simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    Wild mages are fun
  • hisplshispls Member Posts: 166
    Tiax has my vote for evil thief. He turns up so late in the game he is rarely used, but he is an interesting character.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

So after a clear the second level and fight the Nobel wyvern, I decide that I want a familiar. Only problem is I have no clue where to find a find familiar scroll. And even if I wasn't already level 8, I am not a fan of giving the spell to my dd. So am I out of luck? From searching Google, the only one seemed to be way back at the end of the mines.

Correct, there is only one scroll of Find Familiar in BG1ee, dropped by Nimbul when he ambushes you in Nashkel after you've completed the Nashkel Mine.

What did you do with that scroll? If you sold it somewhere, then you could just go buy it back from the same merchant.

If you threw it away instead of selling it (but why would anyone do that?), then there's no legal way to get another (although you could create one with the cheat console).
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977

Correct, there is only one scroll of Find Familiar in BG1ee, dropped by Nimbul when he ambushes you in Nashkel after you've completed the Nashkel Mine.

What did you do with that scroll? If you sold it somewhere, then you could just go buy it back from the same merchant.

If you threw it away instead of selling it (but why would anyone do that?), then there's no legal way to get another (although you could create one with the cheat console).
    I don't know what I did with it, there's a chance I never picked it up, or would it to who knows who. This was probably almost a year ago.. There's a chance that I did t even pick it up aimxe I'm such a packrat moat the time. Khalid alone is near is emcburance limit because be spent spent majority of the time walking around with 4( 5 now) different blades, kondar, spider bane, Varscona, Harrower, and now Sword of Balduran.

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @DragonKing - well, then your legitimate option is to tour around the map checking all the merchants to see if you sold the scroll of Find Familiar to one of them. (If you're lucky, perhaps you sold it right there in Nashkel and the local merchant can sell it back to you!) If it turns out that none of them have it, then do without a familiar until you reach BG2ee ... fortunately, there are numerous scrolls of Find Familiar in BG2ee - you can just buy one in a shop.

@DragonKing - well, then your legitimate option is to tour around the map checking all the merchants to see if you sold the scroll of Find Familiar to one of them. (If you're lucky, perhaps you sold it right there in Nashkel and the local merchant can sell it back to you!) If it turns out that none of them have it, then do without a familiar until you reach BG2ee ... fortunately, there are numerous scrolls of Find Familiar in BG2ee - you can just buy one in a shop.

Yea, that's a nope. I've checked all the merchants outside of bg twice whilr making the original post. Well, it was a nice thought. It may be a while before I get to bg2ee because I want to do the black pit first. I know its not canon, but I won't complain if Baeloth won't.
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    I love wild mages. My last game of BG1 was with a wild-mage. The random variation on caster level actually has more effect during the first game. For instance you will often shoot multiple magic missiles instead of just one like you do at low levels. For your main character, be aware that you also get wild surges with your Bhaalspawn powers.
    I am well aware of that, thanks. I love wild mages personal, during the chest match, Neera changed her and Imeon's genders. Too funny! But, doing as a evil mage bhaal spawn. U kinda don't see him being a wild mage, heck I can barely see him being a DD.