Skip to content

Where Should I go

Currently im in beregost and just picked up the wild mage nerra (i think thats how you spell it) and jaheria and khalid are ushering me to go to nashkel So should i keep exploring around or go to nashkel?

Comments

• FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    You can really do whatever you prefer. I usually go to Nashkel pretty soon. There are a couple of areas on the road to Nashkel; explore them completely and you will find some suitable enemies and good loot. If you go deeper in the wild you will eventually meet enemies that are too tough for early level. Don't be afraid to retreat and come back later when an area is too difficult.

Going down to Nashkel and doing the quest there is suitable for early game difficulty. One other reason to go to Nashkel as soon as possible is that you can meet some very good companions there.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Yes, @Millerguy74 - generally, BG is fairly honest with the player when it gives hints about where you should go and what you should do. You don't necessarily have to go to Nashkel for quite a while (although you do eventually have go there and complete that section of the main plot in order to progress through the game), but the "natural" sequence of events which takes you through level-appropriate areas (and gives you some stage-appropriate hints about certain other areas before you reach them) is basically to do what the game is telling you to do.

In a subsequent re-play, when you know more about what awaits you in "off-route" areas, it'll be safer to choose your own route. However, since this is your first run (you lucky guy!), I recommend that you should make your way fairly directly towards Nashkel. There are a couple of "not far off-route" areas which can be quite profitable (and not excessively dangerous) to explore in the early stages of the game, so you might quite reasonably look around a little, but I don't advise going far off-route on a first run.
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    You can just go to nashkel and speak with the mayor to please Khalid and jaheira, and then be free to explore all you want, they won't ask anything else.
  • thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218
    edited June 2015
    The only thing I would recommend outside of what others have mentioned to progress the story,
    is going to the area north of the Friendly Arm Inn and talking to an NPC there. If you wait until after level 2 or 3 to talk to him and have him join your party, the way joinable NPCs automatically scale to level up with your level will severely gimp his hit points and you want to have him along when you go to the Nashkel Mines. He also doesn't require you to do any quest for him to satisfy any conditions, which is good cus you don't have to make a big detour just to keep him around. For a good aligned party he's a must.

Just make sure when going to that area, avoid going north and dealing with creatures that are probably way beyond you being able to handle yet. Just talk to the NPC, have him join up with you, then leave to go back down south to Beregost/Nashkel. There's also another nice NPC to have for a good party just west of Beregost too, and getting him for similar reasons as the first NPC (having him for Nashkel, getting him early to develop his skills and hitpoints better) are a reason to fill your party up full before making the Nashkel Mines trip.