Skip to content

monster party.

IchthyicIchthyic Member Posts: 89
edited March 2015 in IWD:EE Mods
I recall, when I played Temple of Elemental Evil, I went back and modded it so I could play as the villain.

she was some sort of demigod plant... thing. It was a blast.

what problems would folks foresee with having a party of monster types to play IWDee with?

I was thinking... beholder instead of sorceror, minotaur instead of barbarian, spectral knight instead of cavalier, etc.

obviously something like a beholder couldn't use weapons... but I could give it the ability to polymorph.

there are obvious things that would need to change, like swapping empty hands that could hold weapons for the scripted weapons most monsters get, adding level tables, etc. probably easiest to mod the animation and abilities for a standard player class (so it looks and behaves like a beholder, but could gain levels and learn new spells, etc)

but are there unobvious problems people can think of?

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I've always wanted to play the "reverse dungeon" kind of game. Let's have some adventurer meat for dinner!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    DJKajuru said:

I've always wanted to play the "reverse dungeon" kind of game. Let's have some adventurer meat for dinner!

"Dungeon Protector" - Damn, that sounds like a great idea!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Ichthyic said:

but are there unobvious problems people can think of?

In addition to what KidCarnival wrote, there would also be issues with the paperdoll in the character inventory screen.