Skip to content

Should i go to cloakwood

Millerguy74Millerguy74 Member Posts: 44
I have recently spent more time on the game than i wish to admit so i need to ask am i ready for cloakwood? Heres my party
Me Illutionist lvl5 thief lvl 6
Jaheria fighter lvl 6 druid lvl 7
Khalid fighter lvl 7
Ajantis paladin lvl 6
Neera wild mage lvl 5
Branwen cleric lvl 6
Post edited by Millerguy74 on

Comments

• dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    I'd say so. Your party is pretty good in the level sense. There are quite a few party members in Cloakwood, so it might be in your pest interests to designate someone to drop if you want any of them. But I think you're fine. Go for it.
    Millerguy74KidCarnival
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Definitely. I usually head there around level 5, sometimes earlier, and you're averaging more like 6. That should be plenty. Which isn't to say it'll be easy. There's some nasty stuff in the Cloakwood. But you should be able to handle it.

Also, I'm somewhat confused as to how you have seven party members.
    Millerguy74
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Yea you are well past the point I would normally travel there (I'd be like level 4-5). So you should be good to go. Make sure you have Jaheira and Branwen with a few castings of Slow Poison.
  • Millerguy74Millerguy74 Member Posts: 44
    edited June 2015
    Jarrakul said:

Also, I'm somewhat confused as to how you have seven party members.

Yeah well i edited the first post i was helping a friend play through i part and he had imoen so i was accidently adding one of his members to my party sorry

• thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218
    edited June 2015
    If you already have some characters at the point of being level 7 you would be more than ready for some of the higher tier encounters in the game already, and well past the point of going into the Cloakwood to advance the plot. This isn't actually a bad thing of course, but you've advanced to the point where Coran one of the better good aligned NPCs hasn't been in your party to develop up his skills the way you'd want to. You'll end up coming across him fairly early in the Cloakwood and you can't miss him. If you were to gain anyone in your party from the Cloakwood areas, it would be him so you have a quality ranged attacker. It would probably be a good idea to get Khalid killed so you could have Coran in your party (since he and Jaheira are a pair), but if you don't want to do that you could probably drop Neera from your party for him since your player character is a half mage and you have two other spellcasters as well.

You can potentially go through the Cloakwood and do okay at level 3 with a 6 character party (minus someone like Rasaad who needs time to become a more powerful character). The boss fight you get at the end of the Cloakwood chapter is really tough but with your party and proper preparation you shouldn't have any major problems getting through that chapter and any of the enemies you'll face.

It was probably a good thing to go ahead and drop Rasaad from your party, and Branwen is a pure Cleric so she's fairly useful. If you want to explore Rasaad's questline (if you haven't done it already) you can add him later, and same with Dorn from The Friendly Arm Inn since at the end of his questline there are some really useful pieces of equipment you get.

If you choose to have Dorn in your party though, drop Ajantis temporarily so you can complete Dorn's questline and get the cool stuff that it offers. Then drop Dorn when you're done with his quest and pick Ajantis back up again. If you don't, Ajantis will try killing Dorn since good Paladins and evil Paladins don't like each other. You can't complete Dorn's questline until you finish up with the Cloakwood chapter first though, so complete that then head back to the Friendly Arm to do all of Dorn's quest if you want to.