Skip to content

Viconia will not Haste

I don't remember her not hasting in the 1st game but in Bhaal she will not even if I give her cheetah shoes, or another party member gives her the spell. I haven't changed any of the game settings. Please inform me, thanks.

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    does she have free action?
  • ElfieElfie Member Posts: 61
    I think so - she is not webbed or anything like that. We aren't even fighting.
    Thank you so much!! I did undress to see if the clothes or amulet were effecting her but I neglected the ring and of course that is the problem. I'm on my way to fight Sendai and as we are running she keeps getting caught or causing other problems because she is so slow.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
    Funny we got this far in Bhaal without her needing haste.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Yeah, Free Action is pretty weird in practice. In BG1, where saves are bad and disablers and common, it's fantastic. By TOB, where saves are good, boots of speed are prolific, Improved Haste has come into play, most dangerous disablers ignore Free Action anyway, Free Acton is more of a liability than an advantage.
    ElfieSmilingSword
    Yeah, I don't think I'll use it any more. I've played all day without it.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Jarrakul said:

Yeah, Free Action is pretty weird in practice. In BG1, where saves are bad and disablers and common, it's fantastic. By TOB, where saves are good, boots of speed are prolific, Improved Haste has come into play, most dangerous disablers ignore Free Action anyway, Free Acton is more of a liability than an advantage.

Yup and then they forcibly add it to some of the best weapons in the game. The amount of times I have kept the flail of ages as a +5 is ridiculous. Or when the first time I build a spear wielding CHARNAME and made Ixil's Spike. So much anger!
    So true about the weapons - I'm confused. I saved all these weapons for protection from different spells and then I am hit with one that I didn't use. I guessed wrong or the powerful mages change up the spells.