Skip to content

Record of Lodoss War

2»

Comments

• TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    Speaking of Fate/stay night...
    For those that like it, you might like Fate/Zero too, as it's a prequal to F/sn.

Watch Fate/Zero on CrunchyRoll
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/fate-zero

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Mornmagor said:

Always loved Gilgamesh! Haha :P

"Noble Phantasms are against the rules!"
    "I am the rules. Uahaha! RULE BREAKER! Haha!"
    "That's my line!"
    "What's yours is mine!"
    "He really is the oldest bully in human history..."
  • merc1136merc1136 Member Posts: 12
    Grayvie said:

@merc1136:
    I haven't watched Big O so I can't say anything about it (I'm not much of a giant robot genre fan)... But I heard positive comments so it should be good.

And here is a fun tidbit. In the manga story Parn is not actually skill-less (lvl 1 character =)))). In the begining of the story he returns after serving as a mercenary in kingdom of Flame and is a decent fighter (let's say lvl 5 or 6 =)))).

There are a lot of minor deviantions in plot lines of anime and manga. I prefer manga since it's story has a lot more d'n'd'esque elements. The artwork is different though. Some people may consider it "uglier" but I actually like it (some people might get turned off by it though).

You can read all of the Lodoss manga series online over here

@Grayvie is it me or did the anime seem to hint that King Cashew was Parn's Father? I always seemed to get that impression...

One of these days I'm going to learn enough Japanese to watch my favorite anime in their native format. :-)
  • DemossDemoss Member Posts: 52
    merc1136 said:

Also there are several more animes taking place in the same "world" but not the continent of Lodoss.. the names escape me tho.

I believe your talking about Legend of Crystania? Has characters from Lodoss but is indeed set on a different continent.

I really liked Record of Lodoss War, more so the OVA as it felt better made, but the TV series has possibly the best openings around and i wish the animation in the show was as good quality also.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    merc1136 said:

@Grayvie is it me or did the anime seem to hint that King Cashew was Parn's Father? I always seemed to get that impression...

One of these days I'm going to learn enough Japanese to watch my favorite anime in their native format. :-)

I thought that, too! Cashew's silhouette looked like Parn's father, Parn couldn't stop looking at Cashew as though he were familiar, Cashew had a soft spot for Parn, and both Parn's father and Cashew were disenfranchised knights.
  • GrayvieGrayvie Member Posts: 49
    @merc1136:
    @Schneidend:
    Yeah I also got that feeling after watching anime for the first time...
    Though Parn's father and king Kashue are actually entirely unrelated:

Parn's father was a holy knight of Valis who disobeyed his orders and singlehandedly protected a village from a bandit raid. He felled every attacker but afterwards passed away himself (It is a lot like Keldorn's ending in Throne of Bhaal).

King Kashue was a gladiator who won his freedom and afterwards united the tribes to create kingdom of Flaim (My memory about Kashue's bio is pretty hazy... so I might've got some parts wrong).