Skip to content

Next major patch release

Will there be anymore patch releases in the near future?

Comments

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Look on baldursgate.com. There is a timer. There's a good chance that when it reaches 00:00:00 there will be a server crash for a few days, followed by a patch ;)
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    The countdown is actually to the official reveal/announcement of Adventure Y, which is going to be a standalone game bridging the gap between BG1 and BG2.

By now the standard is a major patch every year. I think we're going to see major updates to both BG1 and BG2 before 2016 rolls around, but whether that's going to be in a few weeks or near the holidays, no one (other than Trent Oster and co.) knows. Maybe even they don't know yet.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    I'm really hoping in Adventure Y there's a bunch of new items and kits and on the day of release they'll do a patch for both BG:EE and BG2:EE that implements them. One can only dream, though.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited July 2015
    Vallmyr said:

I'm really hoping in Adventure Y there's a bunch of new items and kits and on the day of release they'll do a patch for both BG:EE and BG2:EE that implements them. One can only dream, though.

From @bengoshi's information thread:
    - Will the Adventure Y UI enhancements, kits and spells, as well as other changes, including those new cool baldur.ini options, be ported back to BGEE and BG2EE as patches?
    - Yes, our plan is to backport new features to the other EE games, though the timeline for this has not yet been defined. We'll be getting into that as soon as Adventure Y wraps up.
    So no release on the day itself but it is in the works.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    It has been said that some of the features from Adventure Y will eventually be patched into the original games.

So yes, there will be a new patch, but no, it won't be any time soon.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I can see them making all EE games perfectly consistent engine and feature-wise, but unfortunately I think we're still a couple of years away from that.

I'd bet those big final patches will happen around the time they finally abandon the Infinity Engine. Let's hope they hold on to that D&D license, though.
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    That's disappointing they won't have bg1/2:ee patched for it at release. It'd be nice if we could get the IWD:EE kits added, too. I so want Branwen to have that Tempus kit.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

That's disappointing they won't have bg1/2:ee patched for it at release. It'd be nice if we could get the IWD:EE kits added, too. I so want Branwen to have that Tempus kit.

Since the expansion installs on top of BG:EE, at least that will be patched at the same time. I would imagine the ID kits are in, it's not like they're hard to implement.