Skip to content

What happened to the timer?

I can see talk about Adventure Y/SoD, I can see no official announcements though either in the forum or on the homepage?

Comments

• SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Just search Siege of Dragonspear
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited July 2015
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Thanks. Sad that I need to find this info from forum members rather than the developers - especially considering the timer was on Baldursgate.com.
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    decado said:

Thanks. Sad that I need to find this info from forum members rather than the developers - especially considering the timer was on Baldursgate.com.

Yeah, really weird that they wouldn't advertise their new title anywhere even on their own webpage...(!?)
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    yeah that is a bit odd. After the timer ended, it was showing the twitch stream of the event where they announced the new website etc, but you'd think that they'd have a link to it somewhere. It's not showing up in "Games" menu at top of the forums, but it is an xpac for BG, so I'd expect some linkage from baldursgate.com, but nope.
  • TurinTurin Member Posts: 42
    Can I just add to how weird this is? I'm a fairly interested fan (not as die-hard as some people here but still) but I was asleep when the counter ended. I figured since the timer was on baldursgate.com I could just go there this morning (now) but there's nothing there. Trent's twitter doesn't have any useful info either. If I didn't come to the forums I would struggle to find out what happened. A slightly more casual fan than myself might miss it entirely.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    My guess is that they're waiting with those kind of announcements until the product is truly finished and ready for pre-order/sale.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Why even bother with the timer then? A simple link on the same page that the timer was on to the Dragonspear site is all that would be needed.

As it was I woke up (seeing as the timer expired around 3am or so for me) and checked to see what was happening. As far as my quick look was concerned it had simply vanished with nothing official on the site or in the forums.