Skip to content

Will playing Siege of Dragonspear make BG2 easier?

I figure you'll gain better items and at least a level out of playing it, so won't that make BG2 easier?

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    A few items and a single level probably aren't enough to make much difference to BG2ee.

However, it's currently looking more like several items and two levels. So yes, that's getting into territory where I reckon the difference in BG2ee will be quite noticeable.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    For what it's worth, I doubt items will be a significant boon, as you'll still (presumably) lose almost everything on importing to BG2. Experience is more of an issue, and it may matter quite a lot whether the new cap is on the order of 300,000 or 1,000,000.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Jarrakul said:

I doubt items will be a significant boon, as you'll still (presumably) lose almost everything on importing to BG2.

But @PhillipDaigle said in the announcement video that more items will now transfer. I suppose how much difference that makes will depend upon how many items and where they are - if it's quite a lot and/or if they're all in the starting dungeon, then it may matter, but if a few additional items are scattered all over Amn, then of course that'll make much less difference.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Hm. I missed that. I guess it depends a lot on whether he meant more items for the current three import "slots" (weapon, armor, other), or more actual slots. If the latter, that could make a fairly substantial difference, especially if it's more than one or two. If the former, I doubt it'll be that big a deal unless SoD has more powerful items than I'd expect. Getting a +3 sword instead of a +2 sword at the start of BG2 would be nice, but I don't see it dramatically changing the difficulty of the game.
    Gallowglass
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

I suppose how much difference that makes will depend upon how many items and where they are - if it's quite a lot and/or if they're all in the starting dungeon, then it may matter, but if a few additional items are scattered all over Amn, then of course that'll make much less difference.

This actually is an interesting concept. If, just as an example, some of your items got distributed to various 'Bosses' all over Amn, it could make an interesting additional side quest to reclaim all of your items instead of making it an after thought stuck away in one of Irenicus' vaults somewhere in the opening dungeon. Hmmm...