Skip to content

[Android] [Crash] Since upgrade to 1.3 BG:EE crashes on start, 1.2 worked, backtrace attached

unBriceunBrice Member Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
Hello,

Since I upgraded to 1.3 from 1.2, BG:EE crashes at start up on Asus TF701 Tablet. The game is unmoded and I am running the official ROM with no modification.
Unfortunatelly I don't know how to attach a coredump on Android but I attached a backtrace. I suspect this is related to loading ressources at the right resolution as the changelog mentioned some change in ressources for Hi-Res tablets (although just an icon) and the backtrace points there.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Brice

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi unBrice
    Have you powered the device down and restarted it since updating. I've not seen reports of that being an issue for Android but a quick thing to check

You could try renaming the "files" folder in android > data > com.beamdog.baldursgateenhanced edition to see if it is something to do with the files there.

Failing that, have you tried removing the app and re-installing.
    lolien
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1
    I am having similar issues on an Asus Transformer Pad 303cl. Whenever I leave Candle Keep and the battle where Gorion dies is over, the game crashes. Android version is 4.4.2, both the ROM and game are unmodified. Any idea? Is further information needed?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    It looks like a missing 2da file, i would suggest a full reinstall of the game.
    lolien
  • jeswanson86jeswanson86 Member Posts: 1
    I am experiencing this on the Motorola Nexus 6. It was a fresh install from a newly configured phone. I'm also experiencing this on the new Alpha.
  • ReckheadReckhead Member Posts: 2
    I am having the problem of the game force stopping before it has started on a non modified Vodafone Smart Tab 4G and on my samsung alpha having a black screen with sound on start up. Help is very much welcomed as I have search the net for a solution and nothing has worked.
  • moshbitmoshbit Member Posts: 3
    i'm having the same issue today after buying it on the google play store. it crashes on startup after trying to verify the files. at that point it won't even start without immediately crashing. i'm running icewind dale for android on the same phone just fine.
    also, i've tried renaming the files folder as mentioned above (there's nothing in it), but it doesn't do anything, app just crashes with an option to give a report. i'm running android kitkat 4.4.4 on an lg optimus g pro. also, i've run previous versions of this game on the same model phone (different phone/google account) with no problems.
    oh, and my copy of icewind dale on the same phone (the one that is working fine) is version 1.4