Skip to content

Siege of Dragonspear Forum

PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
Hi all,
I am really excited about the upcoming expansion for BG:EE. I would love to see a sub forum created for this game, so that all of the chatter regarding it might be housed in one spot. I have some questions and comments and am not entirely sure where to post them. Thanks!
~Pally

Comments

• cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    100% agree, a new sub forum should be created.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I'm not certain about what the plans are here but I'll tag @Dee and @Coriander to let them know about your request.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Thanks, @Dee, good move.

Unfortunately, however, it's inevitable that you'll soon also have to create a "BG:SoD Bugs" forum. :disappointed: Still, looking on the bright side, having a forum for the Bugs will mean that there's a BG:SoD in which to find them! :smiley:
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    Cool! Thanks Dee.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    I thought about tagging as 'insightful', as that could be read with both a +ve and -ve spin ;) I decided the negative reading was just a little too mean though, QA on these projects is a herculanean task, and deserves a little more respect than that.

Cerevant said:

Nope, no bugs forum, because there will be no bugs. /overly optimistic QA Lead

I would tag this funny if possible :P
    Me too. I looked to see if a "Lol" tag had been introduced, but no such luck.

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    @Cerevant is going to regret that post once a couple of trolls see it.

Oh well, live and learn.
    Cerevant said:

Beamdog has raised the bar for QA on every patch and product, and I think it shows.

Yes, it shows ... and thank goodness for that! The first release of BG1ee was a half-baked embarrassment (as I'm sure remains a painful memory in the Beamdog office), and it was a great relief to your customers (and presumably also inside the company) that by the time you got as far as IWDee and the latest BG patches, your QA had become much more effective.

• cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Cerevant said:

Nope, no bugs forum, because there will be no bugs. /overly optimistic QA Lead

Looks like that bug forum will need to be made after all: http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/42342/bug-text-error-in-chapter-4
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Its not a bug if we haven't shipped yet :wink:
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    A buglet, maybe? :wink: