Skip to content

Mod installation program

NincNinc Member Posts: 3
I have been poking around on the forum a bit and realised that mods are "difficult" to install.

So I was wondering if there exists or are any plans on creating a universal platform for mods installation?

If not, is it something that modders/users would be interested in?

I am thinking of something similar to the curse client for World of warcraft add-ons. Where it automatically keep track of your addons, its dependencies, download updates and sends warnings of outdated mods. Another feature could be to restore the original game incase an addon does not work properly.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NincNinc Member Posts: 3
    I see that my question was poorly phrased. It is not hard to install mods, the hard part is to uninstall mods that do not work without reinstalling the game.

What I meant was that I may be interested in developing something similar to the curse client, if there is any interest in it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NincNinc Member Posts: 3

There is tons of interest in something like that, but I think it will be far more difficult to actually create it, than it is for games like WoW/Skyrim/etc.

Have you looked at Big World Setup? It sort of does what you're talking about, and it's been in development for like ~8 years already. Might be better to pitch in there, rather than reinvent the wheel.

Thank you guys for the tips. I will check it out when I get home.

@subtledoctor do you do any modding yourself?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.