Skip to content

Level One to the End Solo Non-Thieves?

GnollAndGnomeGnollAndGnome Member Posts: 6
'ello, forum newcomer here. As I gazed over Sarevok's beaten body as I finished my Level 1 solo run as an Assassin, it occurred to me: can any other class win the game solo without levelling up?
I'd think the most difficult obstacles would be the Bandit Camp treasure chest trap, Davaeorn's traps, and the traps on the Thieves' Guild sublevel; not to mention, all the invisibility that would be needed.
All I can think is maybe a Dwarven Defender who hits 20 CON and uses generous Oils of Speed to slip past enemies. Barring that, is it possible to gain resistance/immunity to all of the traps? (Like Magic Resist for the Skull Traps at Davaeorn's. ) Anybody have any other ideas how one could go about it?

Comments

• CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Potions, like Air Support, Covereth a Multitude of Sins. Sufficient potions could probably get you passed pretty much anything.
    cognoscentusGnollAndGnomeNifftJuliusBorisov
  • GnollAndGnomeGnollAndGnome Member Posts: 6
    Good point, good point! I am aware, however, that there are traps out there that shoot deadly arrows; what sort of potions could counter those, as I do not recall any offhand? And would Protection from Normal Missile stop them?
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Jester?

Potions of invisibility/sandstone thief ring/wands/scrolls

Once he gets boots of speed and belt for higher AC against arrows just run and sing foes to death. Summon monsters to distract as needed. Proficiency in missile weapons for kiting.

Seems doable.
    GnollAndGnomeJuliusBorisov
    Fantastic! I didn't even consider a build which would actually be able to kill the enemies instead of trying to slip past, but that sounds very doable! Might be even less tedious than a thief, if a bit more attention-demanding... but it sounds doable, fun, and tough, a great-game trifecta!
    Grum
  • ojthesimpsonojthesimpson Member Posts: 121
    whats the point of ooober runs like these? I've seen videos of it.... it's just like messing with the game mechanics to the point of straight up exploitation. Seems to the whole point of them is to brag on this forum by posing a "question" like this to brag about how much of a "total badass" you are in the south park world of warcraft episode sort of way.

I guess Im just jealous cause I dont play through the game without a score less than 95 on attributes and I've always played a paladin or some other warrior class.
    The point? I found it really, really fun, myself. Yes, I had to mess around, like ducking out of the duchal palace fight to make the Flaming Fist fight the 6 greater doppelgangers without them retaliating, but figuring out such was actually part of the fun to me. I won't take offense to your bragging accusation since it's a logical conclusion from your assumptions, but still, I just asked this to find out another class I could have fun with.

That's quite alright if you always play like that, to each his own style of play. ^_^ The more hardcore, exploity runs just aren't for everyone, and I can easily respect that.
    Blucher
  • BlucherBlucher Member Posts: 110
    @ojthesimpson to add to what @GnollAndGnome said, it is also what I think of as a normal progression.

After a while the game just loses something, playing in a "normal" way. It's how I keep the game fun and fresh after the 200th+ playthrough. It's the same reason people mod the heck out of their game, or even learn to make their own mods.
    GnollAndGnome
  • ojthesimpsonojthesimpson Member Posts: 121
    200+ playthrough. wow. i thought no one loved this game more than me. I bet yer pretty damn happy we get more baldurs gate coming out. I plan on buying a few copies (android, pc and my mac) of the game to support the work.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Are there any videos available for any of these level 1 runs?
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    @decado Yes there is one on youtube
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Got a link? Nothing popped up from my browsing.
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    @decado here is one:
    moody_mage