Skip to content

Good party

I know I need a tank and a healer but I'm not sure what else I need. What NPCs would make up a good party?

Comments

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Are you playing Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II or Icewind Dale?
    JuliusBorisov
  • LeloLelo Member Posts: 60
    Baldur's Gate.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Maybe a cannon party?
    Imoen
    Khalid
    Jaheira
    Minsc
    Dynaheir

Then your main character can be a cleric of some description. Probably multi classed with fighter and/or Mage.
    JuliusBorisov
  • LeloLelo Member Posts: 60
    Wowo said:

Maybe a cannon party?
    Imoen
    Khalid
    Jaheira
    Minsc
    Dynaheir

Then your main character can be a cleric of some description. Probably multi classed with fighter and/or Mage.

Wouldn't dual class be better than multi class?

• blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    Dual classing requires a lot of game knowledge and is not recommended on first playthrough. It's also something you should only do if you want to play the entire saga; otherwise you'll never even get to dualclass at all in BG. Even with the XP limit removed there's simply not enough XP to go around.

Besides, dual-classing is overrated anyway. It was better in BG2, but once ToB came out and introduced High Level Abilites, multi-class will be better in the end because it will get HLAs for both classes.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    A "new NPCs" party is good too consisting of:
    Rasaad
    Dorn
    Neera
    Baeloth

Rasaad sucks balls in Bg1 but his quest is good and it's nice to have him around to see him develop through BG1 and then into BG2. The other 3 rock. Can take Imoen as well for RP which again leaves mainchar as some sort of cleric (fighter/cleric, cleric/Mage (illusionist) or fighter/cleric/Mage, dual clerics are pretty bad even at the best of times).

My favourite Bg1 party though was a shorty party of:
    Fighter/illusionist mainchar
    Kagain
    Montaron
    Yeslick
    Quayle
    Tiax

They became quite the swarm ganging up on all the big people. That was my first successful no-reload SCS. I never had a tall person in the party either (so it was tough with only Kagain and Montaron until I found Yeslick). No conflicts either but mainchar had high charisma.

JuliusBorisov