Skip to content

Verification Failed for Unknown Reason

JazirianJazirian Member Posts: 4
after a few years that I was not playing, I decided to download it again Monday BG: EE and BGII: EE, but I found a nasty surprise ... Trying to start the launcher gives me this error. On the site instead my password works fine, I tried to change it, I tried it with Beamdog Client ... not working. I opened a ticket but no one responded. What else should I do?

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited July 2015
    Ji @Jazirian have you tried the suggestions at https://beamdog.zendesk.com/entries/31177918-Windows-Verification-failed-due-to-server-error- because one of the messages on that page is the same as you are getting.
    Thanks
  • Helegak3Helegak3 Member Posts: 8
    My windows date and time are correct and I have all installed updates. I am running Win 7 x64 and I still get this error. Please Help!
  • JazirianJazirian Member Posts: 4
    I installed all the updates, the time and date are correct and use windows 7 64 bit... i still get this error.
    after a week no one took into account my ticket
    You could try removing the Beamdog launcher via the Control Panel, then shutting down & restarting your computer before re-installing the launcher.
    I tried this, the launcher continues to report: "Sign in failed for unknown Reasons"
    I have another computer that is Win 7 x64 that runs it, so it's not region (I live in South Korea), and it's not my internet connection. I think it may be that my version of windows had pre-installed updates, and windows update shows that the updates were installed prior to the windows installation (something like 12/31/2014). If beamdog would tell me the exact update that causes this problem, I could uninstall it and reinstall it. However, there are over 100 updates and it takes for ever to uninstall and reinstall them (I tried). I looked online how to do an uninstall of all updates at once, and did it (by deleting some folder in the Windows directory), but it didn't uninstall all updates. Even then, it uninstalled 93, and Beamdog still had this error. I reinstalled the updates... same problem.
    Hey Jazirian, I have a fix! Your copy of Windows came pre-installed with updates that the Icewind Dale downloader thinks are out of date. The problem is that this fix takes hours to do. Uninstall all of you windows updates. First, delete the software distribution folder in Windows and restart. Then, you have to manually uninstall each update (it takes forever). About 5 wouldn't uninstall. Then, I restarted without re-installing, and now it downloads. Hope it works for you.
    and I have to spend hours to fix?
    and 'you can be replaced with version for steam?
    I don't know if you can replace with steam. It did take me hours to fix.
    There's a thread with that question just a couple below this one.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/42448/trading-beamdog-version-of-bg-ee-to-steam