Skip to content

need some tips on solo F/C/M

Well, I decided to go F/M/C now.
Think this will be a strong combination.

Can you help me with choosing the right weapons(plus styles) for her?

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    You want dual wield, long swords and flails. After that, whatever you want.
  • SlotySloty Member Posts: 113
    long swords dont work as cleric...
    Oh right, I was thinking FMT for some reason. Flails are the best, then.
    edited July 2015
    Thanks!
    What are some not that obvious strong spells for such an character?
    Will I get improved haste eventually?
    Also which weapon in the whole game has the highest enchantment?

How many levels should I have to start hof mode?
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    There are a couple of +5 weapons in the game but you really don't need anything higher than +3. There are a couple of really good +4 weapons later on that have really good bonuses (extra spells and, more importantly, resistances to physical attacks) but even +1 weapons will take you through most of the game.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Try being around level 10 to start HoF. It spawns an insane number of creatures even if you're solo'ing.
    Should I be level 10 with all 3 classes?
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Sloty said:

Should I be level 10 with all 3 classes?

He won't take you to HoW until level 9 and mechanically there is very little difference between 9 and 10 so just go whenever you want or can.
    Sorry Wowo, but I am talking about heart of fury mode, not the expansion heart of winter...

Anyway, do you think it is even possible to solo HOF?

I have a F/Illusionist/C with really good stats...

I am just wondering at which characterlevel I will be able to survive HOF...
    You can begin HoF at level 1. Even solo. It will be grindy at first, though. If you want it to be easy, start at cleric level 5.
    Yeah starting HoF at level 1 isn't difficult, it just requires a fair bit of kiting until you get cleric 5 and can cast animate dead.

Just make sure you have Find Familiar in your spellbook at level 1 so that you have an early summons to distract enemies while you pelt them with sling stones. Hold Person at cleric 3 helps a lot against goblins and then it gets easy at cleric 5 with animate dead.

I did a similar thing in multiplayer with a FMC and a FMT which was pretty fun.
    How fast will I level in hof and what level do you think my triple class will reach at the end of it?
    30/30/30 I'd expect by the end.

Very fast is the answer.
    Okay thanks!

Can you help me a little with spells?
    Which spells that worked on normal do not work in HOF anymore?

Which spells DO WORK greatly?
    Anything that references HD or HP won't work.

Anything that does pure damage probably isn't worth it (except for cloud effects that do damage over time).

Anything that makes you harder to kill or do more damage is your bread and butter.

Anything that disables the enemy via charm, hold, stun, confuse, blind, unconscious etc is really good.

Basic strategies include stinking cloud+animate dead. Web+large summons or spiders. Minor sequencer curse+chant. Sequencer prayer+recitation+greater malison.

Have fun with it and play around with different strategies :)
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    Also @Sloty you can take great advantage of Invisibility, via spells or potions, and Turn Undead used simultaneously. HOF Undead HD are still susceptible to Turn Undead, and it's pretty fun to watch them get blasted to smithereens without even knowing why.