Skip to content

Marl attacks straight away, then I get a rep loss when he's killed?!

Hey all,

Just started a BG:EE game (played BG once before, ages ago, so still count me as pretty new) and when I walk into the inn in Beregost where Marl is, he comes up to me, says he doesn't like my type. Then Montarion says something, no matter what I say to Montarion, Marl then attacks straight away with another guy.

Regardless of how much I let him attack first, I keep getting a reputation loss when he dies. This doesn't seem fair as I'm not even given a chance to "talk him down" or anything - there are just no dialog options.

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Remove Monteron from your party first. You have the NPC pack equipped and this is one of his extra dialogues.
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    Alternatively, only enter the inn with everyone except Montaron. You won't need to remove him from the party.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    that's weird actually, because if marl attacks you, you shouldn't get a rep loss, but if you attack him when he is blue, you should, perhaps that is a strange bug for your mod?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited July 2015
    kingblah said:

Hey all,

Just started a BG:EE game (played BG once before, ages ago, so still count me as pretty new) and when I walk into the inn in Beregost where Marl is, he comes up to me, says he doesn't like my type. Then Montarion says something, no matter what I say to Montarion, Marl then attacks straight away with another guy.

Regardless of how much I let him attack first, I keep getting a reputation loss when he dies. This doesn't seem fair as I'm not even given a chance to "talk him down" or anything - there are just no dialog options.

Did you tell Monty to "back off" or go "easy"? Yeah, that won't work. You need to put him in his place. Be the alpha-dog.
    In other words, tell him to "Shut up, runt!"